Flower and garden expands to 90 days in 2016

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You're on a roll. (When are you not?). Just looking out for you. That particular beverage brings up images of stereotypes. No, I won't spell it out. It would be like associating Guinness with a drunk Irishman, although this particular stereotype is okay. The other isn't. That's as far as I'll go.

For the record I live in farm country and I know many of those stereotypical people and have breakfast with them at the local breakfast place

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The best thing to me about F&G isn't the events...or food...or drink...it is about how beautiful the park looks during this season. But that's just me...

That's what why the adult beverages flow during these festivals, so that everyone can get their "beer goggles" on to see how "beautiful" the parks really are. :hungover:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's what why the adult beverages flow during these festivals, so that everyone can get their "beer goggles" on to see how "beautiful" the parks really are. :hungover:

What are you saying...that Epcot isn't a beautiful park, and even more so during F&G?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
EPCOT is a shadow of it's former self. These festivals are like putting lipstick on a pig. It shouldn't have to rely on these festivals to sustain existence.

Ok, that is fine.

I am not sure how that relates to my post though as I wasn't arguing that point one way or the other. Was just stating what I like most about F&G.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Ok, that is fine.

I am not sure how that relates to my post though as I wasn't arguing that point one way or the other. Was just stating what I like most about F&G.

It is very nice, but it masks the true problems of the park. Tired attractions, deferred maintenance, shoddy appearance (look at Imagination's windows). The festivals basically act as a distraction to these problems. ("Hey look over there!") And an excuse not to fix them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It is very nice, but it masks the true problems of the park. Tired attractions, deferred maintenance, shoddy appearance (look at Imagination's windows). The festivals basically act as a distraction to these problems. ("Hey look over there!") And an excuse not to fix them.

Yep....Future World needs help. I think we established that quite some time ago. Hopefully the money they have earmarked for Epcot will help some.

Uncle Lupe

Nah Let's call it Boozefest Spring Edition - catchier and will attract the Wal Mart crowd especially if they add malt liquor to the offerings...
I dont think we sell malt liquor in the traditional way. We do sell watered down liquor and beer. If you want the good stuff you have to go to the state store. Even the Walmart crowd knows that.

Maybe they could build an Elsa beer/spirits cave. Keep the craziness contained.

GoGoJules

Well this has been a rather embittering read thus far, as I'm looking forward to enjoying Epcot for the first time during the festival. Is this more a case of people with negative commentary being more likely to post than those with positive experiences? I certainly hope that's the case!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well this has been a rather embittering read thus far, as I'm looking forward to enjoying Epcot for the first time during the festival. Is this more a case of people with negative commentary being more likely to post than those with positive experiences? I certainly hope that's the case!

Bottom line....everyone knows Epcot has issues (especially in Future World) that need to be addressed. But that shouldn't stop you or anyone from enjoying the park during festival time if that is what you like.... unless you want it to.

JohnD

Yes. Some on this forum have a conspiracy mindset about everything Disney. They live for making themselves and everybody else miserable (or at least attempting to). The festivals are the best time to go to Epcot. There is an element of truth about needing the festivals to round out the attractions in Epcot. But so what? Enjoy yourself.

BoarderPhreak

Epcot might've seen better days but I still enjoy it tremendously (mostly the WS as that hasn't changed too much) - especially during the FGF. Spring is, well, springing... The weather's nice, crowds kind of chill and sure, a beer now and again is nice!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I dont think we sell malt liquor in the traditional way. We do sell watered down liquor and beer. If you want the good stuff you have to go to the state store. Even the Walmart crowd knows that.

Maybe they could build an Elsa beer/spirits cave. Keep the craziness contained.
:)

evilzorac

It was always one of my favorites, this sits next to my desk.
IMG_5728 [8946510].JPG

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I have been to both the Food and Wine and the Flower Festivals for the last two years and will be going again this year. Other then Epcot gets more crowded during these times I have never had a problem with guest getting out of hand. I know it happens, but I think it is much rarer then some posters make it out to be. Please go and enjoy yourself, I am sure you will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom