Florida weather in Jan/Feb?

Sparksfly

My family and I typically visit WDW in November, but we're rescheduling and are planning for a 2022 Jan./Feb. trip instead.
The weathers always perfect for us in November. I'm curious what to expect on a mid/late Jan or early Feb. trip?
Mind you, my family will want to do water parks (and we may do Discovery Cove for the first time ever)...are they out of the question during that time period weather wise?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Define perfect?
I've been in November many times and the weather can vary wildly from wearing shorts to winter coats.
Same can be said about Jan/Feb.
You could get a cold snap or a heat wave or it could just be nice.
I'd say it could range from real feel temps in the 30's to 80's.
Personally I wouldn't make plans for water parks and Discovery Cove during that time of year as that is an extra cost that could end up being not that fun of an experience.
I'd definitely bring a swimsuit and use the pool if it was warm.
June/July/August.... you know what you're getting.... November/December/January/February.... its anyone's guess lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michaelson

February is, on average, in the 70's+, and upper 50's at night, but one year we were there a nor'easter came roaring down and it never got above the lower 50's during the day and 30's at night, so be prepared for about anything.

February is still my favorite time to be there, though, as you can easily layer if it's required.....but more likely you'll be in shirt sleeves during the day and a hoodie at night.

Regard! Michaelson

Upvote 0

Goof-Man

I think it depends on where your coming from and your perspective on temperature. If you come from say Ontario Canada at 75 degree day is spring early summer and can be fine for swimming; if it drops lower it will
Still be nicer than what your getting back home. To each their own.

Upvote 0

ArmoredRodent

I do remember being in WDW the first week in January, and having to wear a trash bag to stay warm. Not dry; warm. It was that cold, and for some reason I don't recall, I didn't have any available cold weather tops.

Upvote 0

Lilofan

Jan is hit and miss weather. I was at NYE Epcot years ago and the day time temp was 82. A week later during the Disney marathon the high temps only reached 55 for a few days. Layer up in the morning and when the temp increases throughout the day, start taking off your layers.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Average highs for January-February in Orlando are about 72-75 degrees, with overnight lows of 50-55 degrees.

We were there in February 2020 and it was unseasonably warm, with highs in the 80s every day. We were in the pool every day.

However, we've also been when the weather was in the high 60s and low 70s -- and we were still in the pool every day (because we'd flown in from upstate NY in sub-zero temperatures, so we were acclimated to much colder weather). Had we had water park tickets, we probably would have used them, but we would definitely have stuck out. As it was, we were conspicuously dressed in t-shirts and shorts every day, while nearly everyone else (mostly locals, I'd assume) was bundled up in sweatshirts and jeans.

FWIW, if you're not sure if you'll want to be doing the Disney water parks given whatever the weather will be during your stay, you can always wait until you're onsite to upgrade your tickets to "Water Park and Sports," or "Park Hopper Plus," etc. Also keep in mind that Disney has typically closed one or both waterparks in or around January for maintenance. Given that it only has one open now, period, they might not even have one available during your dates. Fortunately, if that's the case, you have some offsite, non-Disney options from which to choose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Its a crap shoot. Some years warmer than others. But a Jan Feb trip for us is great way to escape the snowy wintery mess we leave behind at home. Its a nice way to break up the winter doldrums no matter what we faced with in Orlando.
Plan for changes as the day goes on. Ive started out in shorts and T shirt and had to transition to long pants and sweat shirt or windbreaker in the late afternoon/ evening. Ive had mornings where it started out too chilly for shorts and stayed chilly throughout the entire day.
Water parks and pools depend on what you and your family can tolerate. My DS would pool no matter what the temp was. I'd go in but once I rose up above the water line my chest would chill up and I'd have to get out.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

However, we've also been when the weather was in the high 60s and low 70s -- and we were still in the pool every day (because we'd flown in from upstate NY in sub-zero temperatures, so we were acclimated to much colder weather).
I remember when the Jersey shore water was a higher temp than the low 60’s, it was considered “bath water.” 😆

Upvote 0

JohnD

Do layers. Hope for short sleeve shirt and shorts. But bring windbreaker and sweatshirt too just in case. I came one MLK weekend and the weather was below freezing!

Upvote 0

ppet

Go on weather.com and check the long range forecast. then prepare for the exact opposite cause they are never right. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom