Florida Toll Roads

Mainahman

HEy all, First time driving. We will be driving down to WDW here in just over a month. Does anyone know if there is a calculator or know what the average cost of the tolls are on the Florida turnpike? After we get through alabama, enter florida, and get really close we merge on to the florida turnpike. I wasnt sure what the costs per average was.

Thanks!

I think the basic one is $5, can’t go from car to car, but is fine for one person. No activation fee with the card, I used mine the same day.. definitely didn’t wait til 6am.
o_O THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!! The Toll Road Planning for our trips always stresses me out, I always get it wrong lol, and I'm SO EXCITED to learn of this nifty thing!!!

Upvote 0

JohnD

HEy all, First time driving. We will be driving down to WDW here in just over a month. Does anyone know if there is a calculator or know what the average cost of the tolls are on the Florida turnpike? After we get through alabama, enter florida, and get really close we merge on to the florida turnpike. I wasnt sure what the costs per average was.

Thanks!

You'll pay a total of $4.50 each way. ($3.00 on Florida Turnpike from I-75. $1.50 on State Road 429 South toward Western Way). I've never done the Sunpass and have always gotten through the toll booths pretty quickly. Just set aside $10 for tolls round-trip and you're set.

Upvote 0

JohnD

perfect! weve got 2 rolls of quarters just in case for this.

One word of caution: Ignore Siri when you're on SR-429. If you plan on paying cash, she'll want you to blow right by the toll booth. Those with Sunpass go straight through. The toll booth is off to the right.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
One word of caution: Ignore Siri when you're on SR-429. If you plan on paying cash, she'll want you to blow right by the toll booth. Those with Sunpass go straight through. The toll booth is off to the right.
Were actually Android users, so Google maps all the way! I also have my normal non Phone GPS, as well as our phones for good measure.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I highly advise arriving via SR-429 and Western Way. Personally, I've never driven the Turnpike straight to I-4 then I-4 to WDW. (Although I have arrived via I-95 and I-4 from Jax). The western route is always quicker with lighter traffic. And you're almost at your resort if staying at a resort in the AK resort area.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
I highly advise arriving via SR-429 and Western Way. Personally, I've never driven the Turnpike straight to I-4 then I-4 to WDW. (Although I have arrived via I-95 and I-4 from Jax). The western route is always quicker with lighter traffic. And you're almost at your resort if staying at a resort in the AK resort area.

the route ive researched is the SR-429 to western way, as were staying at POP!.

Upvote 0

JohnD

the route ive researched is the SR-429 to western way, as were staying at POP!.

When going to POP, ignore the signs to POP instructing you to turn right from Western Way onto Buena Vista Drive toward Osceola Parkway. A LOT of construction that way. Instead turn left onto Buena Vista Drive. Cross over World Drive. Turn right on Victory Way. Left onto Century Drive toward POP. (Avoid the intersection of Osceola Drive and Victory Way if at all possible. It's a horrible mess right now.)

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
When going to POP, ignore the signs to POP instructing you to turn right from Western Way onto Buena Vista Drive toward Osceola Parkway. A LOT of construction that way. Instead turn left onto Buena Vista Drive. Cross over World Drive. Turn right on Victory Way. Left onto Century Drive toward POP.
oddly enough, i just looked at the route in Google maps, and thats the way it wants to go! ha! it looked pretty straight forward, plus kinda puts you right behind the parks.

Upvote 0

JohnD

oddly enough, i just looked at the route in Google maps, and thats the way it wants to go! ha! it looked pretty straight forward, plus kinda puts you right behind the parks.

Sure enough! Well, glad you have the Google map. The purple Disney signs tell you otherwise.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Sure enough! Well, glad you have the Google map. The purple Disney signs tell you otherwise.
the route it wanted me to go from here, was through Atlanta, and that was a no go for my wife. She doesn't do traffic well. A bit of digging showed that if we go straight down through Montgomery and Birmingham, it added maybe 20 miles, and was actually quicker.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom