News Florida residents will be able to buy a Walt Disney World 50th license plate supporting Make-A-Wish

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
150 is the total number of in-production plates which can be actively for sale at any one time, or the total number of potential-new plates in which pre-sale vouchers can be actively for sale at any one time?

Here's the statutory language:

"(b) If the Legislature has approved 150 or more specialty license plates, the department may not make any new specialty license plates available for design or issuance until a sufficient number of plates are discontinued pursuant to s. 320.08056(8) such that the number of plates being issued does not exceed 150. Notwithstanding s. 320.08056(8)(a), the 150-license-plate limit includes license plates above the minimum sales threshold and those exempt from that threshold."

LAKid53

Premium Member
Here's the timeline:
1. Organization has 60 days after approval of speciality tag to submit artwork to HSMV for approval. The clock started when the law creating the tag went into effect on October 1st.
2. Within 120 days after the law approving the speciality tag goes into effect, HSMV has to establish a method to issue a voucher to allow for presale of the tag.
3. Once #2 is done, the approved specialty license plate organization has 24 months to certify minimum number of vouchers (3,000) have been sold.

Which means vouchers will go on sale February 1, 2021 at the latest and production of the plate won't begin until February 1, 2023, at the latest.

Additional fees, on top of the established tax for a motor vehicle are:
a. Annual $5 processing fee for HSMV (used to be $2)
b. Annual specialty tag fee of $25
c. A $10 new physical tag fee to be paid every 5 years from the date of purchasing a new tag. Florida swaps out the physical license plate every 5 years. If you decide to switch from your existing tag to a new one, you'll pay the $10 at that time.

So start saving those pennies.

MonorailCoral

Here's the statutory language:

"(b) If the Legislature has approved 150 or more specialty license plates, the department may not make any new specialty license plates available for design or issuance until a sufficient number of plates are discontinued pursuant to s. 320.08056(8) such that the number of plates being issued does not exceed 150. Notwithstanding s. 320.08056(8)(a), the 150-license-plate limit includes license plates above the minimum sales threshold and those exempt from that threshold."
Thanks!

JohnD

Disney reveals its Walt Disney World license plate design for Florida​

I live in a Florida county other than Orange. But I purchased through the Orange County Tax Collector. Gave my drivers license and tag #. I guess that's okay. I tried my local county tax collector's site but the site was so convoluted, I gave up. It did direct to me to the FHSMV website but Walt Disney World isn't yet listed for specialty tags. OC was straightforward.

Last edited:

deeevo

I live in a Florida county other than Orange. But I purchased through the Orange County Tax Collector. Gave my drivers license and tag #. I guess that's okay. I tried my local county tax collector's site but the site was so convoluted, I gave up. OC was straightforward.
Every year I think to myself... "I should get a Bucs, Lightning or Rays tag" then I go and try and figure it out and just end up renewing and not getting a new plate because Manatee Tax Collector site is a hot mess. Glad it wasn't just me.

JohnD

Every year I think to myself... "I should get a Bucs, Lightning or Rays tag" then I go and try and figure it out and just end up renewing and not getting a new plate because Manatee Tax Collector site is a hot mess. Glad it wasn't just me.

I recently renewed my regular tag. Continue-continue-continue-continue. I can't count the number of pages had to step through. They don't make it easy.

JeffH

1616570776081.png

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Only fits 5 characters. My current personalized plate is 7 - WDW 365 - so I will not be getting this unfortunately.

Polkadotdress

Every state should jump on the bandwagon and support Give Kids The World. I would buy a license plate in a second that supported such a great organization.

While Make a Wish is decent, their merchandising and advertising costs are sky high and as such very little of the money donated actually goes to doing the work they set out to do. I would love to see all states support Give Kids the World instead, a much higher percentage of the money donated gets used to help. As @seascape says, I would actually buy such a plate in a second as well and I don't do these specialty plates.
Good news! GKTW just announced they will offer their very-own vanity plates, with funds going DIRECTLY to the GKTW operation. Pre-sale vouchers available now. It is #29 on the list of plates here:

LAKid53

Premium Member

The last time I renewed my DL by mail, they sent me 2 DLs, a few weeks apart. 👍

Unfortunately, I have to go in person - with all my ID, a pint of blood, my 1st born and an arm and a leg - when it expires this year, as I need to get the new DL with the gold star on it. I probably won't get an extra DL this time. ☹️

LAKid53

Premium Member
Good news! GKTW just announced they will offer their very-own vanity plates, with funds going DIRECTLY to the GKTW operation. Pre-sale vouchers available now. It is #29 on the list of plates here:

So much for the Florida Legislature trying to cut down on the number of speciality plates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom