Florida Residents vs Everyone else.

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
I could not find an answer to this on the forums, So if this is posted somewhere already feel free to redirect me and close the post.

I had a friend ask me today what is the ratio of out of town people vs Florida Residents at the parks. I explained that due to the sheer volume of visitors in the parks, that alone tells us more out of town (or county) visitors then locals. However, she asked if I could find a ratio.

What, is this question my punishment for loving Disney!! :ROFLOL:

joe80x86

That would probably be a hard question to answer since as far as I know Disney does not release any guest numbers. Those that are available are pure speculation.

CP_alum08

I would say on a normal day it would be pretty low, excluding CMs with the day off. On a day like the 40th Anniversary it was exponentially higher. I think it also has to do with which park. Epcot will have a much higher ratio because people will literally just come for a meal and then leave.

As a FL resident, my totally wild guess would be somewhere between 1/10 and 1/20 just from our encounters and conversations while in the parks.

360rico1

I wondered the same thing so on one of our recent trips the wife and I toured different resorts and took notice to the tags on the vehicles in the parking lot. I'm willing to say that 70% of them had Florida tags as well as the vehicles in the parks. The rest were Georgia Carolina's Alabama and other a few other states that are with in driving distance. And as far as the ones that fly in, well who knows.:shrug:

Drenhopkins

Good question

I agree with the other posts. It's not like Disneyland. I live in Florida and a passholder for all parks including the water parks. I live near Tampa it's only a hour drive for me plus I work for a hotel chain and I can get a discounted room. So for me my cost are low. I have a friend with a pass and we split the cost.

I see more Florida residents going to EPCOT due to they have a after 4:00pm
special for FL. residents. For me personally I go to EPCOT alot for the specials they have yearly. I been 3 times just for the wine & food fest this year. Somethimes we eat at the ESPN club and just go and hang out at EPCOT.

Not including EPCOT I wouldn't be suprised if it was 1:300 it could easily be higher. I would like to see ranking for which park Florida resisdents visit the most.

Walt Disney1955

So if we are to believe that 10% of the WDW population is Florida residents (as another poster predicted) what would that ratio be at Disneyland? I am told it is much higher? Like 50% locals?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
WDW - 30% locals, 70% elsewhere.

Disneyland is the opposite.

This info came from Imagineer Jason Surrel in a recent presentation.

minniemickeyfan

I wondered the same thing so on one of our recent trips the wife and I toured different resorts and took notice to the tags on the vehicles in the parking lot. I'm willing to say that 70% of them had Florida tags as well as the vehicles in the parks. The rest were Georgia Carolina's Alabama and other a few other states that are with in driving distance. And as far as the ones that fly in, well who knows.:shrug:

This may have to do with rental cars? I don't know. It seems when I have had a rental it always has a FL plate.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This may have to do with rental cars? I don't know. It seems when I have had a rental it always has a FL plate.
Correct. The vast majority of the rentals you will see in WDW will be registered in Florida. Most will never leave central Florida until they are sold.

MissM

Correct. The vast majority of the rentals you will see in WDW will be registered in Florida. Most will never leave central Florida until they are sold.
Yup, and because of tourists getting targeted and robbed, rental cars stopped having special "rental" plates on them a number of years ago. Technically, there are supposed to be no identifiable markings on the rentals to indicate they're rentals for the safety of tourists.

Weekends the ratio is probably higher than weekdays simply because locals are going to come out on their days off from work. I run into a lot of fellow Florida residents though in casual conversations with fellow guests.

powlessfamily4

Original Poster
Wow - So much information.... You guys are GREAT! Did I mention how much I enjoy this site? Everyone is always so helpful. Thanks! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom