Florida Resident Discover Disney Passes in 2022? Park Reservation Advice needed

maloned

Original Poster
The last several years, Disney has offered Florida Residents a discounted 3 or 4 day pass from January to May, called the Discover Disney Pass. We visit once a year using this promotion, which make the visit much more economical for our family. The tricky part is that these tickets usually don't get announced and sold until the first week of January. Well, we are book at Disney's Polynesian Villas over the long MLK holiday weekend in January. In the past, it delayed us in getting our Fastpasses, until the tickets were placed on sale. But now, the concern is in getting Park Reservations. We are concerned that Park Reservations might not be available 2 weeks before we arrive. So we are wondering if we should bite the bullet and get the existing 4-days passes, which are $294 per person, so we can secure park reservations, or should we gamble, wait to see if Disney even offers the Discover passes, considering the current ticket price hikes and 50th anniversary. The Discover Disney 4-day passes was $199 per person. They go up in price slightly every year, but the possibility of saving nearly a $100 per person, for a 4 person family, is enough of a big deal to make us indecisive. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you all for your help, today, in the past and in the future (sorry for being so long winded).

HaseenaMama

The last several years, Disney has offered Florida Residents a discounted 3 or 4 day pass from January to May, called the Discover Disney Pass. We visit once a year using this promotion, which make the visit much more economical for our family. The tricky part is that these tickets usually don't get announced and sold until the first week of January. Well, we are book at Disney's Polynesian Villas over the long MLK holiday weekend in January. In the past, it delayed us in getting our Fastpasses, until the tickets were placed on sale. But now, the concern is in getting Park Reservations. We are concerned that Park Reservations might not be available 2 weeks before we arrive. So we are wondering if we should bite the bullet and get the existing 4-days passes, which are $294 per person, so we can secure park reservations, or should we gamble, wait to see if Disney even offers the Discover passes, considering the current ticket price hikes and 50th anniversary. The Discover Disney 4-day passes was $199 per person. They go up in price slightly every year, but the possibility of saving nearly a $100 per person, for a 4 person family, is enough of a big deal to make us indecisive. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you all for your help, today, in the past and in the future (sorry for being so long winded).

I recall that this 3 or 4 day offer has been in existence for over a decade. I first used this benefit as a Florida resident in 2004. I became a passholder in 2006 because I loved going more than the three or four days offered. Last year, I was able to buy a Discover Disney ticket in October and go in the same month. I had no trouble getting reservations. If you look at this month as an example, you can still make reservations at the parks. There are currently 4 days where it is limited, but the rest of the month is open for all parks. I think you will still be able to get the Discover Disney and then book reservations.
Hope this is helpful!

maloned

Original Poster
I went on a Live Chat with a cast member to ask. Hoping they might be able to tell me something. I know that they can't say certain things. They said to just watch the reservation calendar and if some dates start turning yellow on the days before our trip, to book. Part of me wants to wait and get the discount. The other part of me thinks MLK weekend will probably be blacked out, if it ends up being offered, so I should just go ahead and buy what's being offered now.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Most discounts have been discontinued this winter it seems, including room discounts. Perhaps things will normalize later this year and they can offer them again.

monorail81

Most discounts have been discontinued this winter it seems, including room discounts. Perhaps things will normalize later this year and they can offer them again.
Yeah….the room discounts was especially hard to stomach. Booked over a year prior at the full rate based on the past discounts. The discounts were announced but we were never able to apply it to our trip. I think they grossly limited the number of rooms they were valid on this year. I understand they were closed for a long time and their attendance had been down when they reopened, but there’s got to be some discounts again! They are only shooting themselves in the foot. Yes. A lot of people are traveling now because they have a pent up desire to do so and probably extra money saved from not traveling the past two years. BUT, what’s going to happen when Disney continues not to discount and people don’t have as much money? They’ll go somewhere else…

Dave B

They are gambling that these people will NOT go elsewhere because of the love ( fanaticism ) of Disney, I really do not think we are going to see many discounts, if you do they will be last minute to fill a certain time period, Like the one that just came out for 12/12--12/24, but again very limited, I think the discount days are over, its time to pay if you really need or want to go

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I went on a Live Chat with a cast member to ask. Hoping they might be able to tell me something. I know that they can't say certain things. They said to just watch the reservation calendar and if some dates start turning yellow on the days before our trip, to book. Part of me wants to wait and get the discount. The other part of me thinks MLK weekend will probably be blacked out, if it ends up being offered, so I should just go ahead and buy what's being offered now.
It was blacked out last year.

Annieadl

Last year it was blacked out for discover Disney tickets. So was Presidents’ Day weekend.

Blopez

We usually see Florida resident discovery pass announcements by Jan 6. If we don't see any announcements in a few days then they are not doing one this year :( :(that would really suck because I was counting on that deal.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We usually see Florida resident discovery pass announcements by Jan 6. If we don't see any announcements in a few days then they are not doing one this year :( :(that would really suck because I was counting on that deal.
They dropped on 1/4 last year, so it is not looking great.

Blopez

Waiting till Jan 10. Fingers and toes crossed. My son's bday is Jan 20 and that was his bday wish. The other Florida resident deals are sooo pricey. They are not even deals :(

Dreaded_avenger

I don't think we'll get to discover disney this year

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220110-122946_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220110-122946_Chrome.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 51

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom