Florida orange bird returns

dreamfinder

The most recent AP exclsuive Vinylmation was Orange Bird. And that was only available at D-Street. But better than nothing....

zooey

I love the orange bird. He's very popular at TDS, too.

When I was in the parks in December, the only place I saw orange bird merchandise was at the kiosk outside of the American Adventure in Epcot. I asked the CM why the orange bird merch was there instead of Adventureland, the CM told me, "I dunno, I guess they just needed to put something there (referrign to the AA in Epcot). Go figure.

Disney merchandising has major issues.

Figments Friend

-
The Orange Bird RULES.

I was quite happy to see him return a few years ago...and over the years he keeps popping up. The Limited Edition pin series they did recently was awesome....

WDW1974

True story: a week ago tonight I was at Epcot talking to a very lovely young CM (let's call her 'J') working the AA stand with the Bird merchandise (discounted already).

She had no clue who the character was or what history came along with it. I was in the middle of telling her all about the FLA Citrus Growers, Tiki Birds and Tokyo when a little girl on the nearby planter let go with a massive projectile vomitting incident (hopefully, not because she was bored with the fanboi history lesson) ... totally ruined the mood.

NewfieFan

I was in WDW when this merch was out and on the go this past Sept. I never saw a lick of it anywhere... after I got home it was posted that it was being sold in the AA giftshop. I never go in there so I guess that's why I missed it!?! Why the heck would they put Orange Bird in the AA giftshop? Is there something I'm missing? :veryconfu

TheBeatles

True story: a week ago tonight I was at Epcot talking to a very lovely young CM (let's call her 'J') working the AA stand with the Bird merchandise (discounted already).

She had no clue who the character was or what history came along with it. I was in the middle of telling her all about the FLA Citrus Growers, Tiki Birds and Tokyo when a little girl on the nearby planter let go with a massive projectile vomitting incident (hopefully, not because she was bored with the fanboi history lesson) ... totally ruined the mood.

i do the same thing whenever i see Guests with an Orange Bird pin.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm just amused that the Disney Blog refers to this merchandise as "new." I've been wearing my two Orange Bird shirts frequently since I bought them in August. :lol:

epcot85

The dumb thing is the merch being at Epcot instead of in Adventurland. :hammer:

True, but to me the really dumb thing is that it seems like WDW management only cares about making money off of our missing attractions and our fond memories of things that they didn't have to close or destroy...kinda insulting IMO, not that I miss the orange bird that much, but they do this all the time. Now, that being said I can appreciate having some retro merchandise...but I think its safe to say that the management doesn't care about said attractions as much as making money.

puntagordabob

Really ODD that this wasnt featured near The Tropical Serenade (The Enchanted Tiki Birds)......thats where The Orange Bird "lived" back in the day... Notice I did not say Tiki Room UNM because that is like listening to someone screech their fingernails on a chalkboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom