Florida man charged with attacking Disney World guard at DinoLand U.S.A.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"In an apparent drug-induced rage, a South Florida man attacked a Disney security guard at Animal Kingdom’s DinoLand U.S.A. last month, according to an Orange County Sheriff’s Office report.

James Arvid, 19, of Pompano Beach, was arrested and charged with battery on a security guard, a third-degree felony, according to Orange Circuit Court records. He has pleaded not guilty.

“We do not tolerate violence of any kind on our property and appreciate those, including the Orange County Sheriff’s Office deputies, who quickly came to the aid of this cast member," Disney spokeswoman Erica Ettori said in a statement.

The scene unfolded in the middle of the afternoon on Oct. 25, according to the recently released sheriff’s report.

The uniformed 41-year-old Disney security guard was on patrol in the DinoLand U.S.A. area when Arvid tackled him from behind. Arvid put the guard in a headlock and held him down, but the guard still managed to radio for help, the report said.

Eventually, theme-park guests noticed what was happening and pulled Arvid off the guard and “subdued him” until law enforcement arrived, the report said.

The ordeal left the guard with two bloody cuts on his elbow, but he was not seriously hurt, the report said. No guests were hurt, according to Disney.

A deputy sheriff described Arvid as “bloody, sweating profusely, non-responsive to commands, and compulsively kicking his legs.”

“It appeared James was in a state of excited delirium and unexpected strength,” the sheriff’s report said.

He was restrained on a stretcher and taken to a hospital in Celebration.

“I took LSD and tried to kill someone," Arvid later told a nurse but he could not remember anything else that had happened at the park, according to the report.

An emergency room doctor told authorities Arvid showed signs of heatstroke, alcohol use, and drug use which could lead to aggression and a heightened mental state, the report said.

Arvid said he was unable to talk when reached for comment Monday. His attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment."

DisneyTransport

I can think of some middle-aged folks and seniors who aren't too lovely. But thanks for using this example to malign an entire demographic.
Well, the younger folks have more hope of turning their life around, whereas the middle-age and seniors are mostly set in their ways at that point in their lives.

Parker in NYC

Well, the younger folks have more hope of turning their life around, whereas the middle-age and seniors are mostly set in their ways at that point in their lives.
That is a crass generalization, IMHO. I've known plenty of addicts who have turned their life around later in life. And writing something negative like this is damning to those have lost hope of ever trying to get well.

DisneyTransport

That is a crass generalization, IMHO. I've known plenty of addicts who have turned their life around later in life. And writing something negative like this is damning to those have lost hope of ever trying to get well.
I see you are taking my statement and running with it in a direction I did not imply nor intend and taking it out of context. My last statement was to your "aren't too lovely," therefore, I assumed we were no longer talking about drug addition and switched to personality/attitude. I wouldn't generalize all drug addicts as being "not to lovely." Heck, I have an addict in my own family who is toward the tail-end of recovery. They're lovely, but struggled.

My first statement, was, I pray for the youth. They are to young to get caught up in that nonsense, and I pray for the youth to not go down these paths. I didn't say "I don't trust young people"

This is what happens when people argue on a Disney fan forum, misinterpretations galore.

homerdance

I see you are taking my statement and running with it in a direction I did not imply nor intend and taking it out of context. My last statement was to your "aren't too lovely," therefore, I assumed we were no longer talking about drug addition and switched to personality/attitude. I wouldn't generalize all drug addicts as being "not to lovely." Heck, I have an addict in my own family who is toward the tail-end of recovery. They're lovely, but struggled.

My first statement, was, I pray for the youth. They are to young to get caught up in that nonsense, and I pray for the youth to not go down these paths. I didn't say "I don't trust young people"

This is what happens when people argue on a Disney fan forum, misinterpretations galore.
Ummm. What? Not sure how you could mean that in any other way than what was interpreted. And the same with your justification.

homerdance

Please expand on your statement? What with my justification is confusing?
I pray for the youth sure makes it sound like all youth need to be prayed for because this one jagg off acted like a crazed person. You might be better off praying for all LSD users. Singling out one physical trait isn’t cool. Just as offensive as saying I pray for all (whatever race).

Goofyernmost

You can't trust young people, I learn that more and more as I get older. Especially the dumb ones.
In todays world you cannot trust anyone, even you! Responsibility, reliability and intelligence have no particular age bracket. I know some 70 somethings that I wouldn't trust to hold my candy bar for safe keeping. When I was in Vietnam all of us trusted people in their late teens and early twenties with our lives. Dependability is a learned process that starts at birth.

DisneyTransport

I pray for the youth sure makes it sound like all youth need to be prayed for because this one jagg off acted like a crazed person. You might be better off praying for all LSD users. Singling out one physical trait isn’t cool. Just as offensive as saying I pray for all (whatever race).
Ah ok. I did not mean it in that way at all. Like I said before, I intended "they are to young to get caught up in that nonsense, and I pray for the youth to not go down these paths."
Its an expression used often where I am from, but I guess it can have different meanings where your from?

Side note: Is it not "cool" to feel for this young adult and pray that the youth does good?
Also, no idea whatsoever why your bringing race into this? There is no analogy here between what I said and intended and what your last statement suggested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom