News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sir_Cliff

There would be no legal way for Disney to be responsible for paying the bonds directly. They either stay with RCID, possibly transfer to a newly created district or possibly they transfer to the counties. Dissolving a municipality cannot result in a single taxpayer having the burden of the municipality’s debt.
I think the last point in the message you quoted was the most relevant.

People just won't hear if the debt ends up being transferred to Orange County or a new district. Maybe those directly effected by this and who opposed it will, but those who support it will hear an entirely different story about how DeSantis stuck it to Disney for being woke and Disney now doesn't get special treatment. This is why I have no faith there will be a best possible outcome in this case: the actual outcome in dollar and cents terms basically doesn't matter for those in charge of setting policy in Florida.

Baloo62

Look at the comments of ANY YouTube video concerning Disney's current state of affairs. They certainly don't ooze with support for the mouse. In fact, in nearly every instance, its pure loathing and disgust. This includes attitudes toward Genie+, over-crowding, absurd cutbacks (no trams at three parks), and the monetization of everything but oxygen. We went for my 30th trip last month and I can honestly say it was my least favorite ever. We spent more than we ever have and got much less accomplished. We are a family that literally experiences every single ride and 98% of the attractions during each visit. Despite paying $15 a day for that damnable Genie+, we were unable to do 8 of the major rides. As for the paid Lightning Lanes, they were never available. On the other hand, our two days at Universal were incredible. What a totally pain-free and simplistic Express Pass system. Those two days were the highlight of our trip. We all agreed that VelociCoaster (35 minute wait) and Hagrid's (55 minute wait) are the two best rides in Central Florida.

lazyboy97o

Look at the comments of ANY YouTube video concerning Disney's current state of affairs. They certainly don't ooze with support for the mouse. In fact, in nearly every instance, its pure loathing and disgust. This includes attitudes toward Genie+, over-crowding, absurd cutbacks (no trams at three parks), and the monetization of everything but oxygen. We went for my 30th trip last month and I can honestly say it was my least favorite ever. We spent more than we ever have and got much less accomplished. We are a family that literally experiences every single ride and 98% of the attractions during each visit. Despite paying $15 a day for that damnable Genie+, we were unable to do 8 of the major rides. As for the paid Lightning Lanes, they were never available. On the other hand, our two days at Universal were incredible. What a totally pain-free and simplistic Express Pass system. Those two days were the highlight of our trip. We all agreed that VelociCoaster (35 minute wait) and Hagrid's (55 minute wait) are the two best rides in Central Florida.
None of that is relevant. Plenty of people who think dissolving Reedy Creek is ridiculous criticize Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of that is relevant. Plenty of people who think dissolving Reedy Creek is ridiculous criticize Disney.
1651276480279.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So what are the four media corps that deal in content, distribution and physical locations/products that might not like governments interfering with their business capabilities/autonomy???

Maybe…paramount?…time Warner?….Comcast?…and that other one…ummm…starts with a D I think??

Sir_Cliff

Look at it this way:

Who’s interests are shared?

So what are the four media corps that deal in content, distribution and physical locations/products that might not like governments interfering with their business capabilities/autonomy???

Maybe…paramount?…time Warner?….Comcast?…and that other one…ummm…starts with a D I think??
I have noticed that Uni likes to be a bit of a smart when it comes to Disney on Twitter, but, unless I've missed something, they've stayed quiet since all of this went down. It's almost like things suddenly got serious.

Chip Chipperson

1. They will simply create a new complaint special district to replace RCID; a district similar to RCID, but a modern one, compliant to the Florida constitution like all the current special districts; Disney giving up some power.
  2. Even if DCID is dissolved and there is no replacement, Disney is responsible to pay the bonds not taxpayers outside the physical borders of RCID.

I do not care who replies to this post, I am not listening to you, LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LA, LA, LA :cool:

1. What power would/should Disney/RCID give up and why?

2. Businesses cannot be legally responsible for municipal debt.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
I have noticed that Uni likes to be a bit of a smart *** when it comes to Disney on Twitter, but, unless I've missed something, they've stayed quiet since all of this went down. It's almost like things suddenly got serious.
I’ve noticed that too, it’s almost like they don’t want people to notice they also donate to a lot of these politicians

Disstevefan1

Hey gang, I just thought of something cool. RCID will not be dissolved till July 1, 2023. That gives is over a year to argue meaninglessly, go off on countless tangents with a goal to fill more pages than the Coronavirus and Walt Disney World thread.

Ok, ok, I know we can never eclipse that page count since that thread will last forever since COVID with its variants will be with us forever, BUT I bet we can hit at least 3K pages. Who’s with me?
1651280791304.png

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

There would be no legal way for Disney to be responsible for paying the bonds directly. They either stay with RCID, possibly transfer to a newly created district or possibly they transfer to the counties. Dissolving a municipality cannot result in a single taxpayer having the burden of the municipality’s debt.
Excuse me but I prefer to believe my uninformed unconfirmed information thank you.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Excuse me but I prefer to believe my uninformed unconfirmed information thank you.
That’s the best way to always be right👍😜

At the end of all of this it seems highly unlikely to me that it will be tolerated that a bunch of Orange and Osceola County taxpayers end up footing the bill for municipal bonds used to pay for stuff at Disney World. It’s also highly unlikely that Disney just agrees to pay off the bonds (there’s no legal way to make them do it) and may not even be possible as some of the bonds have a clause that prohibits early redemption. The only viable solution I can see is to allow RCID to continue and/or be replaced with a similar district. Disney and the state or local counties would need to agree, but that’s a win/win for everyone.

Thelazer

Once RCID goes away, isn't Orlando / Florida free to then spend the hotel tax money on ANYTHING they like, instead of the current agreement that says it must be spent on advertising? Could this tax revenue be redirected to pay the bonds? Would there STILL be leftover funds to improve orange county schools etc?

Old link from the Slantial..
(Which BTW, seems to indicate to me how "unfair" the Slantial thought this whole RCID guise was...was in 2019... but in 2021, MY GOD they have changed there viewpoint eh?..)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom