News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

nickys

Premium Member
The “Legal Mindset” attorney sure had me fooled; an attorney who lives in central florida and worked on special districts.
Could you please point me to where the “Legal Mindset” attorney's points are debunked I am sincerely interested.
I hope whoever debunked him was at least an attorney who worked on special districts like he does.
Legal Mindset lives in Miami and a quick search showed that his most popular / famous videos and tiktok involve “don’t answer any questions if you’re arrested”.. Maybe special districts don’t garner many views. 😉

But if you go back a few pages you’ll find many posts where WDW Pro attempted to address the issues raised by posters here, including attorneys I believe, only for most of his points to be refuted.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The “Legal Mindset” attorney sure had me fooled; an attorney who lives in central florida and worked on special districts.
Could you please point me to where the “Legal Mindset” attorney's points are debunked I am sincerely interested.
I hope whoever debunked him was at least an attorney who worked on special districts like he does.
Already covered - you can scroll back at your leisure.

Disstevefan1

Disstevefan1

Legal Mindset lives in Miami and a quick search showed that his most popular / famous videos and tiktok involve “don’t answer any questions if you’re arrested”.. Maybe special districts don’t garner many views. 😉

But if you go back a few pages you’ll find many posts where WDW Pro attempted to address the issues raised by posters here, including attorneys I believe, only for most of his points to be refuted.
So WDW Pro overrules Legal Mindset. Got it.

peter11435

He doesn’t live in central Florida and how do you actually know he’s worked on special districts.

The 15 seconds I watched included him stating that Disney pays nothing towards maintaining county or state roads outside the district. This is clearly and blatantly a lie that’s easily proven wrong through publicly available tax records. He’s either intentionally lying to support his anti Disney agenda or woefully ignorant of how special districts operate. Both options completely discredit him.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So WDW Pro overrules Legal Mindset. Got it.
WDW pro was promoting legal mindset. The issue is that legal mindset stated some easy disprovable things in that video. (For example, he claims that Reedy Creek is the only special district ever created by a special act - that is easily disprovable by a quick 30 second Google Search. Daytona racetrack district, for example, was also created by special act. ). There were a number of other outright factual errors that many people here identified as being incorrect - so if he can't get basic facts right, how are supposed to accept his conclusions?

UNCgolf

We have no idea if he's actually worked on special districts. He's on Youtube; he can claim anything he wants.

Other Florida attorneys that practice in the area have said very different things than he does. Also, some of his videos about other topics are misleading at best. He's not providing trustworthy information; he's acting in a partisan capacity to get clicks and hopefully make money off Youtube videos. That doesn't seem to be working yet, because all of his videos have less than 10k views, but that might be why he decided to dive into this issue on another channel to drum up interest in his own content.

Nobody really knows how this is going to play out yet, including Disney, RCID, Governor DeSantis, and the Florida state legislature.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Worked on is also a description that can mean a lot of different things. Interns do work. Associates do work. Partners do work. Those things aren’t the same, but “Worked on X” would be a true statement for all three.

You read my mind. I was actually coming back to mention something similar.

He could have worked on one case once that involved a special district -- he wouldn't be outright lying, but it would be wildly misleading.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Not everyone is as talented as Zenia, I guess.
Not sure what it says about TWDC if the dude was somehow able to stay on with BP after the oil spill and navigate through that debacle and yet he couldn’t handle this circus for 3 months.

While the blame isn’t fully on Disney this is really not a great vote of confidence.

UNCgolf

Not sure what it says about TWDC if the dude was somehow able to stay on with BP after the oil spill and navigate through that debacle and yet he couldn’t handle this circus for 3 months.

While the blame isn’t fully on Disney (given the Tallahassee clown show) this is really not a great vote of confidence.

That reflects pretty poorly on Chapek, too.

Disstevefan1

We have no idea if he's actually worked on special districts. He's on Youtube; he can claim anything he wants.

Other Florida attorneys that practice in the area have said very different things than he does in that video. Also, some of his videos about other topics are misleading at best. He's not providing trustworthy information; he's acting in a partisan capacity to hopefully make money off Youtube videos.

Nobody really knows how this is going to play out yet, including Disney, RCID, Governor DeSantis, and the Florida state legislature.
I have to agree, lawyers say anything to support their opinion. Like all of us do on these discussion forums ;)
We all know, nothing we say on these forums say will make any difference.
The “Legal Mindset” attorney had be hopeful.
I am now back to hopeless. :(
But wait, each of us are free to believe what uninformed information posted on these forums we choose, right?
I am back to hopeful :D 👍

peter11435

I have to agree, lawyers say anything to support their opinion. Like all of us do on these discussion forums ;)
We all know, nothing we say on these forums say will make any difference.
The “Legal Mindset” attorney had be hopeful.
I am now back to hopeless. :(
But wait, each of us are free to believe what uninformed information posted on these forums we choose, right?
I am back to hopeful :D 👍
What exactly did he have you hopefully for?

Disstevefan1

What exactly did he have you hopefully for?
  1. They will simply create a new complaint special district to replace RCID; a district similar to RCID, but a modern one, compliant to the Florida constitution like all the current special districts; Disney giving up some power.
  2. Even if DCID is dissolved and there is no replacement, Disney is responsible to pay the bonds not taxpayers outside the physical borders of RCID.

I do not care who replies to this post, I am not listening to you, LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LA, LA, LA :cool:

peter11435

1. They will simply create a new complaint special district to replace RCID; a district similar to RCID, but a modern one, compliant to the Florida constitution like all the current special districts; Disney giving up some power.
  2. Even if DCID is dissolved and there is no replacement, Disney is responsible to pay the bonds not taxpayers outside the physical borders of RCID.

I do not care who replies to this post, I am not listening to you, LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LA, LA, LA :cool:
1. If RCID as it existed was unconstitutional the governor would not have needed legislation passed to dissolve it. And if it was unconstitutional why did the Supreme Court in 1968 unanimously rule in the districts favor.

2. It’s not Disney’s debt.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

There would be no legal way for Disney to be responsible for paying the bonds directly. They either stay with RCID, possibly transfer to a newly created district or possibly they transfer to the counties. Dissolving a municipality cannot result in a single taxpayer having the burden of the municipality’s debt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom