News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

lazyboy97o

@Andrew C your travel time to WDW May get a lot shorter if this happens ;););)

Just a little light hearted fun since this is a pretty serious topic :)

AdventureHasAName

And parents have always had the option to opt their child out of family life curricula, just for this reason. That’s been standard for decades.
Sure ... only we've now seen an increase in teachers and administrators telling kids not to tell their parents about things being discussed in the classroom.

And of course, the whole reason this has become a public cause in the first place is because parents spent the last two pandemic years eavesdropping on their children's schooling through zoom and, in some instances, were shocked to hear what they did.

So now the legislature has stepped in and said you can't teach it (K through 3rd) and you can't hide it from parents.

Ayla

AdventureHasAName

@Andrew C your travel time to WDW May get a lot shorter if this happens ;););)

Just a little light hearted fun since this is a pretty serious topic :)
During the late 1990s and early 2000s, there seemed to be a ton of chatter about a Disney resort somewhere in the middle of the triangle formed by Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. I was convinced it was coming. It never materialized.

This "Judge" is really the county commissioner or executive (we just call them "judges" in Texas). Fort Bend County is the county immediately to the west of Harris County (which is where Houston is located).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
A summer in central TX makes Orlando at the same time feel like fall weather.
You are preaching to the choir. I have an unofficial rule that I won’t go to Houston between May 1 and Oct 1 for work but I’ve had to break it several times. The only thing that saved me was staying at a hotel where I could get to the office through the tunnels so I didn’t need to step outside where I would instantly be coated in sweat.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm amazed how many people fall for the 'zoom exposed me to what they were doing' talking point Such a horrible narrative people created.

Parents that couldn't be bothered to know what is going on now suddenly are willing to goto war to stop what is happening in the classroom? comical

What zoom really did was show most parents they didn't do crap with their kids schooling until they were forced to play teacher's aid and they hated it.

And all these cites of issues tend to come from crazy skewed 'news' sites.. aren't researched and magically don't cite issues in Florida. But Florida needed the law.

People don't shouldn't fear CRT.. they need to fear lack of critical thinking skills. Boogymen are just a tiktok away these days.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
During the late 1990s and early 2000s, there seemed to be a ton of chatter about a Disney resort somewhere in the middle of the triangle formed by Dallas, San Antonio and Houston. I was convinced it was coming. It never materialized.

This "Judge" is really the county commissioner or executive (we just call them "judges" in Texas). Fort Bend County is the county immediately to the west of Harris County (which is where Houston is located).
I know about a 15 block radius in downtown Houston. I’ve been there, the ride from the airport and to NRG Stadium several times for the rodeo so I can’t really say I know the area well.

AdventureHasAName

You are preaching to the choir. I have an unofficial rule that I won’t go to Houston between May 1 and Oct 1 for work but I’ve had to break it several times. The only thing that saved me was staying at a hotel where I could get to the office through the tunnels so I didn’t need to step outside where I would instantly be coated in sweat.
4 PM in Houston, it's 100+ degrees every day from the beginning of June to the end of August. We had a Six Flags here for years (Astroworld) that was popular, that had a ton of outdoor components. And there are still Six Flags parks in San Antonio and Dallas. But I'd have to believe if they ever did build a park in this area, they'd have to have almost every aspect of the park able to be transversed indoors. And all of the queues would have to be entirely indoors.

UNCgolf

Texas is a solid red state but they are still pretty pro-business. Nothing close to this has happened there to my knowledge.

Nothing that's one to one, but Greg Abbott did just cause hundreds of millions in losses to the produce industry due to a short-term angry border policy that was nothing more than political theater.

I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going there if I was Disney.

Brian

I can't imagine the mental gymnastics it would require to equate being called homophobic with labeling me as a child groomer because I might mention my husband to my students. Absolutely insane.
I would assume that you take issue with being called a child groomer because it isn't true, and you consider it to be an affront on your character. Conservatives take issue with being called homophobic because, in virtually all cases, it isn't true and is an affront on our character.

I hope you enjoyed my insane gymnastics routine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom