News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Dan Deesnee

That never happened, Bud.

A teacher in Brandon Florida saying “Jimmy has two mommies” isn’t sexual Indoctrination.

That’s where you’re missing why this is contentious. You just bothered to type what doesn’t happen.

No first grade teacher was ever teaching sex identity to their kids…

And if one was caught…guess what would happen?? They’d be fired on the code of conduct grounds. No act of legislature needed.

Then why was it created? Genuinely curious because I've been traveling for weeks and am way behind on the news cycle.

peter11435

Parents have every right to say they don't want certain sexual topics taught to their kindergartners who can barely grasp the concept of night and day. It's not being phobic of any kind no matter how loudly people want to yell that it is.

Should we teach kindergartens about capital punishment, suicide, etc? There's a reason topics become more complex as the students age. That structure is built on common sense...
The bill does not apply only to kindergartners.

GimpYancIent

I wonder if Disney DOES end up losing the Reedy Creek District if it will make them scale back the number of LGBTQ characters out of fear of further retailation. OR, maybe it would have the opposite effect. Once Disney loses the District (and the support of the Fox News viewers) the company may just be like "screw it, might as well make that gay Disney Prince and lesbian Disney Princess movie. The people who would be mad already hate us!"
Consumers of Disney entertainment products i.e. movies and other features do not care how many of what group or other are represented as characters. Is the feature entertaining?, are the characters interesting?, what is the story about?, is there a good score?, are there catchy songs / tunes? and a scroll of other things that have nothing to do with emphasis on the orientation of a specific group. Its about entertainment just entertainment.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then why was it created? Genuinely curious because I've been traveling for weeks and am way behind on the news cycle.
As a political stunt.

Yeah…that’s it.

The national political grounds - if you can stand to follow it - are schools boards/distincts

it’s a spawn of the covid era and the next level to “move down to” to gain more power. Going local has worked.

In that context…doesn’t the political angle of this makes sense?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Consumers of Disney entertainment products i.e. movies and other features do not care how many of what group or other are represented as characters. Is the feature entertaining?, are the characters interesting?, what is the story about?, is there a good score?, are there catchy songs / tunes? and a scroll of other things that have nothing to do with emphasis on the orientation of a specific group. Its about entertainment just entertainment.
…I wish you’d kindly let lucasfilm know? 😉

EPCOT-O.G.

For the record I was never implying they would take a chunk of Epcot.
Oh I didn’t think you were. I just hadn’t though of the ED implications here. Again, if there’s ever been a type of company that utilizes ED to their benefit, it’s the Disney’s of the world over the little guy. “We’d really like to develop this multi-use three block site, but there’s this pesky dry cleaner that won’t sell…” The thought that portions of RCID could be carved up by ED honestly hadn’t occurred to me until I saw that post, and I think it’s absolutely hilarious.

Ghost93

While I am for more gay characters, I do agree that having a good story/music/characters/entertainment factor is extremely important. Nobody cares about representation when the movie itself is terrible.

Ghost93

…I wish you’d kindly let lucasfilm know? 😉
The problem with the Star Wars sequels wasn't the diversity of the cast, it was just poor character arcs, sloppy writing and bad planning. The Last Jedi pivots in a different direction from The Force Awakens and the Rise of Skywalker spends half of its runtime retconning the Last Jedi and pandering to Original Trilogy nostalgia. As a result, the whole trilogy feels like an incoherent mess at war with itself.

The cast was good. Rey, Finn, Poe and even Rose all had the potential for interesting character arcs, but the movies didn't build off of one another well.

EPCOT-O.G.

And beyond them…who actually agrees with this sequence of events?

Don’t even forget that most of the people are lazy…really, really lazy…

The false equivalency is the belief by those who don’t blink watching Faux is they assume at least 50% of those that don’t pay attention would side with them….

But accurate polling says it’s not even close. They are by far the “common sense minority”…
Maybe I’m gunshy given how things turned out, but I was convinced that the strong consistent support the Fox News types gave to then candidate Trump was just a lot of static and an aberration, until…it wasn’t. For better or worse, Fox News programming is a window into the mindset of movement GOP voters. Whether it’s a chicken or the egg thing - are they a mirror of their viewers or are the manipulating them, or a bit of both? - I’ll leave to others. from what I hear (I haven’t watched Fox News for years as we cut cable long she) the story has broken through and been featured on a lot of their programming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem with the Star Wars sequels wasn't the diversity of the cast, it was just poor character arcs, sloppy writing and bad planning. The Last Jedi pivots in a different direction from The Force Awakens and the Rise of Skywalker spends half of its runtime retconning the Last Jedi and pandering to Original Trilogy nostalgia. As a result, the whole trilogy feels like an incoherent mess at war with itself.

The cast was good. Rey, Finn, Poe and even Rose all had the potential for interesting character arcs, but the movies didn't build off of one another well.
It was awful and terrible at the same time and will continue to be so forever.

Terrawful

I’ll leave it at that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe I’m gunshy given how things turned out, but I was convinced that the strong consistent support the Fox News types gave to then candidate Trump was just a lot of static and an aberration, until…it wasn’t. For better or worse, Fox News programming is a window into the mindset of movement GOP voters. Whether it’s a chicken or the egg thing - are they a mirror of their viewers or are the manipulating them, or a bit of both? - I’ll leave to others. from what I hear (I haven’t watched Fox News for years as we cut cable long she) the story has broken through and been featured on a lot of their programming.
That was 100% economic rage that has been building since 1968…it just manifested in a bizarro way.

And it continues to be that.

Why are people so angry (both fringes)? And what links them together?

It’s actually easy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom