News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GimpYancIent

You can thank DeSantis for all the Fox viewers thinking Disney is grooming kids. It was his spokeswoman who said that the education bill stopped grooming. Which is not only a total lie but deeply ****/transphobic. So now all the low-information voters who swallow up everything they’re told believe that because Disney opposes the bill, they’re for grooming kids.

It’s ironic that the “pro-business” party is DELIBERATELY ruining the reputation of one of the most important companies in the state.
:rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

I guess I just like signs. Seriously, doesn't losing RCID make anyone else wonder about this very visible part of WDW? I can't make myself care about permitting. Wish I could, then I could move on.
Universal Orlando Resort North Canpus has unique signs.

Now how about answering the big question? Is it okay for the government to suppress dissent if enough people say it is okay?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To Fox News viewers Disney is becoming synonymous with “groomers.” I feel that association and characterization is unfair and detestable, but that impression is settling in amongst a certain cohort.
And beyond them…who actually agrees with this sequence of events?

Don’t even forget that most of the people are lazy…really, really lazy…

The false equivalency is the belief by those who don’t blink watching Faux is they assume at least 50% of those that don’t pay attention would side with them….

But accurate polling says it’s not even close. They are by far the “common sense minority”…

freedining

Universal Orlando Resort North Canpus has unique signs.

Now how about answering the big question? Is it okay for the government to suppress dissent if enough people say it is okay?
Several here ask very very interesting questions, yourself included. I find them very thought provoking, even if I'm sure we're on different sides. That's sort of the point of the country, and the closest you'll get to an answer from me right now. :)

Thank you for the info regarding Universal. I've never been.

Dan Deesnee

That is exactly what they are doing. It is a political stunt and nothing more. There was never a root problem. It’s wagging the dog.

Parents have every right to say they don't want certain sexual topics taught to their kindergartners who can barely grasp the concept of night and day. It's not being phobic of any kind no matter how loudly people want to yell that it is.

Should we teach kindergartens about capital punishment, suicide, etc? There's a reason topics become more complex as the students age. That structure is built on common sense...

Ghost93

I wonder if Disney DOES end up losing the Reedy Creek District if it will make them scale back the number of LGBTQ characters out of fear of further retailation. OR, maybe it would have the opposite effect. Once Disney loses the District (and the support of the Fox News viewers) the company may just be like "screw it, might as well make that gay Disney Prince and lesbian Disney Princess movie. The people who would be mad already hate us!"

MandaM

The state legislature disagreed, which is how democracy works ... sometimes you get what you want and sometimes you don't.

Now they don't. The curriculum is, "Don't instruct students in kindergarten through third grade on gender identity issues." It applies to all students.
The legislature saw an opportunity to score political points with yet another culture war issue that doesn’t actually exist.

I’m looking forward to watching the malicious compliance some teachers are already talking about. Since the bill prohibits any classroom instruction or discussion of gender identity, there can be no more Mrs/Mr, boy/girl, mom/dad. No gendered dress codes. No telling kids which bathroom to use. The list goes on and on….

Dan Deesnee

I wonder if Disney DOES end up losing the Reedy Creek District if it will make them scale back the number of LGBTQ characters out of fear of further retailation. OR, maybe it would have the opposite effect. Once Disney loses the District (and the support of the Fox News viewers) the company may just be like "screw it, might as well make that gay Disney Prince and lesbian Disney Princess movie. The people who would be mad already hate us!"

They are publicly traded, so the answer is no. Like it or not, every publicly traded company worships at the altar of the dollar.

Ghost93

They are publicly traded, so the answer is no. Like it or not, every publicly traded company worships at the altar of the dollar.
No meaning more gay characters or no meaning less gay characters?

Personally, I think we will get a gay prince and princess at some point, but I think it's at least 10-15 years away, once the more pro LGBTQ Gen Z has reached adulthood and is raising families. I still think it would be too financially risky at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom