News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

crawale

TWDC may not even challenge leaving Orange and Osceola counties to pay and stick the increases to the affected taxpayers ( ie property taxes ). The Orange and Osceola residents who supported DeSantis - Be careful what you wished for but it looks like it is too late.
The property taxes that they pay now go to Reedy Creek. In the future they will go to Orange county so there is no change,

crawale

everything has been wrong:

talking sex to my 5 year old in class
making a law to prohibit that talk
CEO opening his mouth recklessly
bravado Florida retaliating against that reckless CEO
Are you for or against the school having that talk with your five year old? Do you want to decide when to have it or the Government decide?

lazyboy97o

What about the road signs when RCID goes away? Can Disney bring every corporate resource to bear so they won’t be forced to use boring, to code, green road signs?
How are the sign not to code?
Instead of focusing on road signs, if Disney continues to use the full power of the Disney Corporation to attempt to overturn the will of the people, does the pushback stop with RCID?
That didn’t happen.
Can the state create a new taxing district (local or otherwise) in which to place the former RCID and use it to insulate the counties from harm by collecting status quo taxes or target TWDC with an increased tax burden?

I am wondering how much force is behind the governor’s bluster about taxing Disney.
No, the state cannot just create an area that taxes more. Those extra taxes have to be for a purpose.
I also wonder how the fact that there were *multiple* districts - not just RCID - affected by this non-renewal legislation will impact things. The fact it’s a decision not to renew - not just suddenly revoke - may also factor in. Lastly, technically RCID is a wholly separate entity from TWDC. Now, through various anti-market measures they exerted universal control over this entity. All this will be fascinating considerations going forward
No, it doesn’t matter. They outright said it is about Disney. That they threw some others under with them doesn’t matter. It would help if they were being sneaky about it but they said it out loud.

Married5Times

everything has been wrong:

talking sex to my 5 year old in class
making a law to prohibit that talk
CEO opening his mouth recklessly
bravado Florida retaliating against that reckless CEO

and let's add another chronological line item:

severely mind impaired Chief adding fuel to the dumpster fire.

can't wait for the conservative response as I'm sure it will outdo Chief's

Roy G. Dis

Florida without tourism is just a hotter and swampier Mississippi. I hope Disney considers building a new theme park in a less politically turbulent part of the country. Let Floridians have their state.

EPCOT-O.G.

semantics

and that too has no place near my kid in class
The Disney defenders want it both ways: they want the state to have complete autonomy over how, what, and when to introduce complex (and debated) gender and sexual issues to your children, but then take a hands off approach towards the basic governance affecting huge, multi billion dollar corporations.

DisneyDebRob

For anyone that still has a hard time with whats true and not true about taxes.. Reedy Creek.. etc.. heres a good article explaining exactly everything. Few things still not known of course like what will be done in the way of laws or new bills before june 2023.

peter11435

The property taxes that they pay now go to Reedy Creek. In the future they will go to Orange county so there is no change,
Why are you unable to absorb information when it is percented to you? They already pay property taxes to the counties. The taxes they pay to RCID are an additional tax. You can view exactly what taxes they pay, how much, and to who. This information is public record

Lilofan

Florida without tourism is just a hotter and swampier Mississippi. I hope Disney considers building a new theme park in a less politically turbulent part of the country. Let Floridians have their state.
Don’t think the locals in FL want to return to the backwoods environment pre Magic Kingdom. And one wants to aspire to be like another Mississippi, one of the poorest states in the country ?

thomas998

For anyone that still has a hard time with whats true and not true about taxes.. Reedy Creek.. etc.. heres a good article explaining exactly everything. Few things still not known of course like what will be done in the way of laws or new bills before june 2023.

Only problem is the article makes some sky is falling assumptions about what are unknowns. The biggest unknown is what will happen to the supposed 1 billion in debt that Reedy Creek apparently has. As nothing like this has ever happened in Florida before no one will have a clue what will actually be done to address it. It could go in many different ways, the worst case for the people of Florida would be for the debt to just be allocated to the counties that Reedy Creek falls in, the best would be for the state to enact a special tax area where property taxes in the former Reedy Creek area would be increased above the normal rate in the area temporarily to cover the debt that Reedy Creek had generated while in existence. But at this point I doubt the state has given much thought in how they will deal with the problems the change will create. They do have a little over 12 months to figure it out, but whether they will be able to come up with a solution that quickly is unknown.

Thelazer

The big question: Will Disney stiff Orange and Osceola counties with the $1 billion in debt that, with the removal of the special district, they no longer have to pay? Legislators, as usual, did not think this through. This is what happens when emotions and cultural revenge rule over sanity and logic.
I love it read the article "Could be" "Likely" "we simply do not know"
Fear mongering grade A from the mouse's PR dept (IE Slatnil)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom