News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

Prince-1

Wait you want me to explain what a bill being constitutional means? Laws are constitutional when it is a law passed through the state legislature, signed by the governor, and is also not outlawed by either the US or State Constitution.

Your arguments about being vague I said do not apply because it is based on approved curriculum. So it is constitutional because it was passed legally.

Here, this might help you. :)

SpectroMagician

Legislatures pass laws that are unconstitutional ALL THE TIME.

Here you go, read away: https://constitution.congress.gov/resources/unconstitutional-laws/
Yes and then it is up to the party suing to prove that it is unconstitutional. Your argument as to why I said is false based on the curriculum standards.

You have not come up with another reason. So therefore it hinges on if my reasoning or yours is correct. We will find out in the courts and it will likely go to the supreme court where I have a good feeling it will stand.

Here it is below. Hmm as someone who supports banning classroom instruction on it I would say your last comment makes zero sense at all. I think the people doing drag queen story hour with kids and changing "gay" through the halls of schools are probably the ones who are a little obsessed with it.
Sorry, what the what now. Go to bed. Your curfew was an hour ago.

SpectroMagician

The insinuations behind “groomer” are very clear, very intentional, very bigoted, and not very subtle. They continue a long, long history of homophobia stretching into the 1970s and beyond. Here’s a hint - look into Anita Bryant, in Florida, in 1977. This is an old, sick song, but it’s more openly sung at high levels then ever before. It’s hate.
Bigoted? I guess being bigoted against people grooming children is something I would be proud of being.

But it has literally nothing to do with a persons sexual orientation. It has to do with them wanting to talk to kids about sex.

the_rich

I have asked this multiple times, in multiple threads, over multiple months - please link me to reputable LEGAL analysis (NOT political punditry) that provides a close reading of the bill and argues it is well-written and not designed to exert a broad chilling effect. I would like to read it.
Doesn't exist. They pass laws like this to pander. They know it won't stand up to legal challenges but it satisfies the base. Same thing with all of the abortion laws being passed.(though I will say roe v wade is in jeopardy now.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom