News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

SpectroMagician

lazyboy97o

AEfx

Up there with an attempt to ban Arabic numbers in schools. Actual proposed bill a few years ago

I remember that. The ignorance of some people.

Care to provide a link to that? Because I think you may be falling prey to believing everything you see on social media.

Because AFAIK, there was a meme passed around about a poll someone did where 50%+ percent of those who chose to respond said they were for banning them, but it's not something that actually happened.

lazyboy97o

The false narrative that it has anything to do with the word gay, or frankly gay people at all. It has literally nothing to do with that. It has to do with not talking about sex with 5-9 year olds.

If you support talking about sex with young kids then you are a sick freak.
This is simply not true. The author outright said the legislation was intended to stop people from turning gay. The legislation also applies to all ages, even 18 year olds.

SpectroMagician

Again, new laws can’t just pretend other laws don’t exist. They have to follow a process.
Yes the process of passing a new law as clearly written in the text of the bill that passed the senate. Can you explain how this does not nothing because you seem so sure that this bill if it becomes law does nothing.

Tom P.

I was about to post the same thing. Calling it “don’t say gay” by our moderator
is a political statement whether intentional or not.
Yes, I was very dissapointed in @wdwmagic that he used that name in a recent news story on the WDWMagic site without even qualifying it with something like "the so-called...." Very disappointed.

SpectroMagician

This is simply not true. The author outright said the legislation was intended to stop people from turning gay. The legislation also applies to all ages, even 18 year olds.
Can you show me where in the bill it says anything about people "turning gay"? Where in the bill it mentions anything to do with gay at all?

the_rich

Baseless? They are lying about the bill. What reason would someone have to lie about the bill other than being a fan of talking about sex with 5-9 year olds?

Can you tell me why?
The law bans anything they want. All they have to say it is offensive and that's it. It gives them carte Blanche to get rid of anything they want. And clearly the author of the bill was targeting lgbtq.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom