News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly, it’s wise for Disney to stage its legal battles against these fools rather than the state. This is well out of the public eye and I’m sure their legal team is more than capable of taking on these morons.

From their meeting:
View attachment 707153
…there’s been no shortage of “fools” in all this…

There is shortage of 19 year olds from Wichita State to run the teacups, however…

…that’s a thing 😎

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Well played, Disney. Exceedingly well played.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

drnilescrane

The district is also not allowed to permit advertisements of any companies that compete with ones that operate within Reedy Creek, board members said.

“We lose control over everything other than to maintain the roads and maintain the infrastructure,” one board member said.

Particular focus was paid to one section that board members said locked in development rights of a particular parcel until 21 years after the death of the youngest current descendant of King Charles, or until Disney abandons the resort.
Source: https://www.wftv.com/news/local/pow...XFYXTOFKKQMLXY/?taid=642483accb00fe0001d94b76

Parker in NYC

Can I say I told you so... In a nother vlog site I been saying this could cost Disney billions... I said they ( a rubber stamp from the new board) could pull eminent domain on undeveloped land, start out by saying it for a new roads for traffic from off property like over near AK lodge then sell the area beside to road for development under fair value clause and before Disney knows it a strip mall or worst could be across the road to the AK area...
For real?!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can I say I told you so... In a nother vlog site I been saying this could cost Disney billions... I said they ( a rubber stamp from the new board) could pull eminent domain on undeveloped land, start out by saying it for a new roads for traffic from off property like over near AK lodge then sell the area beside to road for development under fair value clause and before Disney knows it a strip mall or worst could be across the road to the AK area...
If you’re saying the destruction of reedy creek is a fundamental disaster on many levels that the Disney fandom is underplaying to “coo themselves to sleep”…

…then…yeah…I’m down

Dranth

Well, with this coming out, now I wonder if they were ready to take it to court but didn't bother once they were able to push through the deal with the district. No need to sue if the state is taking over something that has no power over you. We'll see as more information comes out but it really makes the state look like even bigger fools if this is true.

Disstevefan1

This is what the WESH reporter said on television during his newscast:

THE AGREEMENTS WERE MADE IN THE WEEKS RIGHT BEFORE MEMBERS WERE REPLACED BY THE PEOPLE PICKED BY GOVERNOR RON DESANTIS BECAUSE OF THE NEW LAW PASSED LAST YEAR. BOTTOM LINE, THE AGREEMENTS PUT DISNEY IN CHARGE OF ALMOST ALL DECISIONS ON THE TERRITORY IN REEDY CREEK FOR THE NEXT 30 YEARS AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT THE BOARD CAN DO ABOUT
Why only 30? Why not 100 or 200 years?
This way the technology will eventually exist to safely thaw Walt's head, clone him a new body then he can reclaim control of his company! ;)

Surferboy567

A couple of questions:

1.) How can the board use Disney’s money? They aren’t part of the company so how can they use company money?

2.) Doesn’t Disney still own the land?

Surferboy567

1. Where does the district get nearly all of its money from?

2. Disney owns the vast majority of the land.
Disney and the Reedy Creek Improvement District were never one and the same. The two could have always entered into litigation against one another because they were district legal entities.
Got it, thanks this helps me understand some background.

lazyboy97o

Well, with this coming out, now I wonder if they were ready to take it to court but didn't bother once they were able to push through the deal with the district. No need to sue if the state is taking over something that has no power over you. We'll see as more information comes out but it really makes the state look like even bigger fools if this is true.
This doesn’t fully prevent the Board from interfering. It protects a lot but not everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom