Florida discount for non resident.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

My kids great grandmother resides in Florida and we live in Califronia. I know she can't purchase Florida resident tickets for my wife and I, but can she purchase them for our kids? If so, does she have to accompany them into the parks everyday and will Disney allow it if we stayed at a Disney property and they notice the kids and the parents have different tickets?

PinnySmart

If your kids are not Florida residents then you absolutely should not have them use Florida resident tickets. They are called Florida resident tickets for a reason. Please do not come to the forum with unclean hands and ask us to help you.

Upvote 0

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
Get off your high horse buddy. It's a simple yes or no question. Did I say I was going to do it ? I saw it posted on mousesavers and that's why I asked the question.

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

Is saving a few dollars really worth the chance of spending all that money, showing up at the gate with excited kids and being told they cant get in without buying proper tickets? I know I wouldnt want to take that risk.

Upvote 0

wendysue

As I have found out in the past, if you ask a question of this site that you really want to know about, (even if you never plan on actually doing it) you will get ROASTED. Must be....:joyfull::happy::D at all times

Upvote 0

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
Wendy Sue, I've been viewing this board for 4-5 years now and I've never noticed people getting snippy with a simple question. I posted the same question on MiceChat and got a more pleasant intitial response and also one user did buy tickets for their out of state family member who are kids. I'm a former cast member at Disneyland and I know there are ways around rules, but I've never actually tried them. Downtown Disney at Disneyland specifically says no theme park parking at its entrance. Everyone still parks there because you get 3 free hours and 2 more with validation. There are shady people out there, me not included, who just go into a restaurant and get a validation without eating there. I'm posting here cause I want to know what's legitimate and what's not. Some websites are recommending going to undercovertourist.com to buy cheap tickets. Are these tickets legal because it's not from Disney?

Upvote 0

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
One last question, do tickets expire if you have yet to use them both for Disney and Universal? I'm sure there has to be some sort of expiration period or people would be buying tickets 1-3 years in advance and save money.

Upvote 0

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Original Poster
Yes you can. As long as you don't use the Disney ticket (not sure about Universal) it won't expire. Once you enter a park with that ticket, it will expire in 14 days.
Thanks. I already have some fund saved for this future trip, perhaps I might stop by a Disney store or Disneyland and purchase some way in advance tickets.

Upvote 0

LdyApxr

One of my good friends Moms live in Flordia and she has the kids all summer when on vacation, She called and asked Disney they told her she can use her Flordia Discount for the kids, I believe the kids were 5&8.
I would think this is different from what the OP is asking because grandma having the kids all summer and the kids being 5 & 8, I am guessing that grandma would be taking them, thus making them eligible. In the OP's case, the question was posed "if great-grandma FL resident buys them, does she have to be at the parks for them to work?"(paraphrasing) and that is not the same as grandma taking tiny tots. IMO, I could be misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom