Flood at the Boardwalk Inn

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
This came across my google news feed this morning - not sure how serious it is.

https:///2021/02/disney-boardwalk-inn-flood-rwb1/

JIMINYCR

Yikes. What a mess burst pipes make. If theres 2+ inches of water on the 2nd floor, the rooms underneath will suffer damage too.

optjay

I remember when I stayed at the Boardwalk resort, the walk from the parking lot to the farthest part of the resort when my room was located was more than a 1/4 mile walk.
I don't understand what your point is, in relation to the water leak.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
I think that was @Tuvalu ’s point. The Boardwalk Inn is closed. The Boardwalk Villas are open.

Just some sloppy writing though because the article does indeed mention some of the DVC villas being evacuated, but continues to reference the Inn.

Exactly. Thanks for having my back, @nickys!
Oh I see. To be honest I thought the entire Boardwalk was all DVC units and I’ve been there hundreds of times. I learn something new everyday!

Nubs70

I think that was @Tuvalu ’s point. The Boardwalk Inn is closed. The Boardwalk Villas are open.

Just some sloppy writing though because the article does indeed mention some of the DVC villas being evacuated, but continues to reference the Inn.
The author does not know how fire alarms work.

Fire systems are static, no flow pipes when things are good. If a sprinkler activates, line pressure drops and flow starts. If line pressure drops, pressure sensors in lines will activate the fire alarms. Or maybe a concerned individual pulled a fire alarm in response

nickys

Premium Member

Fire systems are static, no flow pipes when things are good. If a sprinkler activates, line pressure drops and flow starts. If line pressure drops, pressure sensors in lines will activate the fire alarms. Or maybe a concerned individual pulled a fire alarm in response
My money’s on the latter!

JoeCamel

I meant someone set the fire alarm off.
I didn't read it but there was water, lots of water right? I get a broken pipe from that not someone pulling the alarm.
I do remember them pulling a few permits for sprinkler head replacements around property? Maybe this is one that should have been replaced?

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't read it but there was water, lots of water right? I get a broken pipe from that not someone pulling the alarm.
I do remember them pulling a few permits for sprinkler head replacements around property? Maybe this is one that should have been replaced?
Ummm, yes there was water. But the fire alarm went off. @Nubs70 posted this:

I’m saying I’d bet someone pulled the alarm in a panic, which is why the fire alarm went off.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
BWV is our Home Resort and for the last two years we have noticed buckets in the hallway that catch water dripping from the ceiling. The buckets are usually in the same area and we have seen them on multiple floors.

Perhaps they were aware of the leak and it was only minor until now. Or more likey, they did the least amount of maintenance and hoped it wouldn't get worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom