Flights of Wonder verses Great Bird Adventure

John park hopper

Original Poster
The DW is a big bird lover and we have always gone to see Flight of Wonder-- last saw it May 2017. Our May 2019 trip the DW just had to see Great Bird Adventure; what a great disappointment most of the birds shown in FoW were gone. Granted it seems to be geared more for little kids. My personal opinion is they ruined the original show was it a cost cutting move-- less birds less overhead cost. I don't know. Curious what others thoughts are on the new show?

SirWillow

The DW is a big bird lover and we have always gone to see Flight of Wonder-- last saw it May 2017. Our May 2019 trip the DW just had to see Great Bird Adventure; what a great disappointment most of the birds shown in FoW were gone. Granted it seems to be geared more for little kids. My personal opinion is they ruined the original show was it a cost cutting move-- less birds less overhead cost. I don't know. Curious what others thoughts are on the new show?

I'm guessing because they had to find a way to feature an IP in it, and make that IP the focus of the show instead of what it had been. I'm agreed with you- they took what was a very nice show to see and totally ruined it. After watching it once, I've no desire at all to see it again.

And you'll never get a chance to get a photo like this in the show anymore either:

Loved how they used to invite a couple of audience members on stage to get photos like that.

The Empress Lilly

I never liked the old tour guide element, but that was still miles better than 'Here we are in a nice bird show and loOK KIDS AND ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT ADULTS....IT'S DUG AND KURT RUSSEL FROM UP!!'

What an embarrassment this show has become,

Just gimme the birds already! Plus the richly themed Anandapur. All that's needed, the rest is pouring ketchup on the gourmet meal.

John park hopper

Original Poster
I'm guessing because they had to find a way to feature an IP in it, and make that IP the focus of the show instead of what it had been. I'm agreed with you- they took what was a very nice show to see and totally ruined it. After watching it once, I've no desire at all to see it again.

And you'll never get a chance to get a photo like this in the show anymore either:
View attachment 379774

Loved how they used to invite a couple of audience members on stage to get photos like that.
That was one of the highlights of the old show great picture

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t think it was a budget cut, I think they have the same amount of birds, just spread out differently. They still have an equity actor in the show. If anything it costs more with 2 costume characters per show.

I agree... the old show was a must see on every trip for me. Now it’s a big maybe.... I really enjoy the birds still. But it’s pretty hard to sit through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom