Flights have been changed on us. Our departing flight is now a day later. Help?

80sRockKevin

Original Poster
Hi! We have a trip planned from 12/23 to 1/1. Originally we had a late night flight out of MCO on 1/1. I just got an email from the airline that they have moved us to a 6:00am flight on the 2nd, the day AFTER we check out. We were planning on using Magical Express to get us back to the airport, but I don't think they will accommodate us on the 2nd now, since we check out on the 1st.

I don't want to pay for another night at Disney (over $300). I suppose we could just take a ride share back to the airport late evening on the first and sleep a few hours there waiting on our flight. Would the hotel hold our luggage that long for us? Any options we're not considering? Thanks!!!

80sRockKevin

Original Poster
Most airlines have policies where you should be able to reschedule or cancel without penalty or fee for a change that severe. You're not stuck with that 6am flight.
I checked with their other availability, and there isn't much. I don't mind keeping the 6:00am flight honestly. Just trying to figure out what my logistic options are! :)

DisneyJoe

Hi! We have a trip planned from 12/23 to 1/1. Originally we had a late night flight out of MCO on 1/1. I just got an email from the airline that they have moved us to a 6:00am flight on the 2nd, the day AFTER we check out. We were planning on using Magical Express to get us back to the airport, but I don't think they will accommodate us on the 2nd now, since we check out on the 1st.

I don't want to pay for another night at Disney (over $300). I suppose we could just take a ride share back to the airport late evening on the first and sleep a few hours there waiting on our flight. Would the hotel hold our luggage that long for us? Any options we're not considering? Thanks!!!
I know people that have left their Disney resort at 9pm or later to go to the airport, they claimed their luggage from Bell Services then. I'd just double check with Bell Services at the resort to see how late they are open.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The option you're not considering is contact the airline and demand that they get you a flight the day they were supposed to or pay for accommodations.

Disney will hold your luggage the day of check out until evening if you wish.

Considering the flight is at 6am and you should arrive at the airport 2 hours prior you very well may want to just get to the airport the night before but still the airline is at fault and should assist you in fixing your issues.

80sRockKevin

Original Poster
The option you're not considering is contact the airline and demand that they get you a flight the day they were supposed to or pay for accommodations.

Disney will hold your luggage the day of check out until evening if you wish.

Considering the flight is at 6am and you should arrive at the airport 2 hours prior you very well may want to just get to the airport the night before but still the airline is at fault and should assist you in fixing your issues.
They are giving me the option to try to reschedule or cancel. I'm ok with the change. I just want to make sure we can get to the airport the next morning, and we have somewhere for our luggage to be held.

I'm ok just heading to the airport like at midnight and just sleep there for a few hours. Wanted to make sure they would hold our luggage, and they would allow us to take the ME late at night.

Thanks!

Rob562

Also remember that Magical Express ends service on 12/31. So whether you fly 1/1 or 1/2 you'll need to arrange something other than DME.

-Rob

bpiper

Too bad you didn't rent a car otherwise I would suggest that they put you on a flight home out of Tampa. Nice airport, we have flown in and out of the occasionally due to flight times or air fair prices. Just a little over 1hour 25 minutes.

cmwade77

You could get that night at the airport.in the hotel and schedule a departure with MDE at your convenience. Check in and enjoy what you can outside security at MCO, there is a fair amount in that airport luckily.

cmwade77

Too bad you didn't rent a car otherwise I would suggest that they put you on a flight home out of Tampa. Nice airport, we have flown in and out of the occasionally due to flight times or air fair prices. Just a little over 1hour 25 minutes.
You could also call the airline and see if they would cover a taxi to another airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom