Flight of Passage or River Journey?

wdw2011por

Original Poster
I currently have a fastpass for Flight of Passage on July 18 at 11:45 AM. The plan is to rope drop Navi River Journey, grab something to eat in Pandora, and then ride FOP with the fastpass. HOWEVER...I can get a fastpass for around 10:00 AM for Navi River Journey. Should I rope drop FOP and then fastpass River Journey or should I stay with the original plan?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Flight of Passage has a better queue, but it also fills up faster in the morning in my experience. I might go for Na'vi River Journey just because it's a bit earlier in the day, so you can knock it out sooner. Either way, you want to be one of the first people in line at rope drop so you can really boogie over to Pandora. Also, I wouldn't be shocked if Animal Kingdom park hours are modified to open at 8:00 for much of July.

winstongator

No Rope droping Navi is a waste. Rope drop FoP, and if you are at the front of the FoP Rope drop when you get off the FoP then Navi wait will be about 10 mins. Basically everyone is their to rope drop FoP.
and then do FoP again at 11:45. (It's worth doing twice).

Once you give up your FoP fastpass it will be very hard to get another FOP. It's very easy to get Navi fastpasses cause the ride is bad.
I'd somewhat agree with this. Definitely rope drop FoP, do the queue., which is pretty awesom As Pooh says, the NRJ line won't be too bad after it. Do not give up that FoP FP+. The Navi line should never be as long as FoP, so you could do it standby later, or pick up a FP+ for it.

I like Navi River Journey, but it is not in my top tier of rides. FoP is my favorite ride in Orlando. You will not regret riding it twice.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
No Rope droping Navi is a waste. Rope drop FoP, and if you are at the front of the FoP Rope drop when you get off the FoP then Navi wait will be about 10 mins. Basically everyone is their to rope drop FoP.
and then do FoP again at 11:45. (It's worth doing twice).

Once you give up your FoP fastpass it will be very hard to get another FOP. It's very easy to get Navi fastpasses cause the ride is bad.
I'd somewhat agree with this. Definitely rope drop FoP, do the queue., which is pretty awesom As Pooh says, the NRJ line won't be too bad after it. Do not give up that FoP FP+. The Navi line should never be as long as FoP, so you could do it standby later, or pick up a FP+ for it.

I like Navi River Journey, but it is not in my top tier of rides. FoP is my favorite ride in Orlando. You will not regret riding it twice.
Lol what are you guys talking about? Na'vi River Journey has a 90 minute wait right now and school isn't out yet. No, you wouldn't regret riding FoP twice, but you would regret waiting 90 minutes for NRJ.

Keep in mind that NRJ has very low capacity and FoP has a height limit. That means NRJ lines fill up much faster than they "should" when you compare the relative quality of the rides.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Nav'i River Journey is an exercise in sadness if you have to wait more than 30 minutes in the queue... either queue FastPass+ or standby. Its literally walk into the building 5 feet, get sorted into a loading queue, hop in the boat, splash, black light, cartoon screens, skinny blue space hippie robot, done.

winstongator

Lol what are you guys talking about? Na'vi River Journey has a 90 minute wait right now and school isn't out yet. No, you wouldn't regret riding FoP twice, but you would regret waiting 90 minutes for NRJ.

Keep in mind that NRJ has very low capacity and FoP has a height limit. That means NRJ lines fill up much faster than they "should" when you compare the relative quality of the rides.
This would be a good question for @lentesta : which option has the least time in line/completes both tasks quickest: rope drop FoP then do NRJ, or reversed, rope drop NRJ, then ride FoP standby?

Qualitative part of the question is the FoP queue is very cool. so you might tolerate time in that line more than in NRJ.

lentesta

Premium Member
This would be a good question for @lentesta : which option has the least time in line/completes both tasks quickest: rope drop FoP then do NRJ, or reversed, rope drop NRJ, then ride FoP standby?

Qualitative part of the question is the FoP queue is very cool. so you might tolerate time in that line more than in NRJ.

I'd bet money that "FoP then NRJ" is faster, assuming you're getting there same time for both.

SAV

FOP is amazing, NRJ is...not.

Definitely keep the FOP FP+ and ride it twice if you can. Or you can use that early time to knock out some of the other rides instead since the majority of folks go left to Pandora. Then go on it during your FP time.

joejccva71

Also remember that just because you may be the first in line at the gate before rope drop doesn't mean you'll be anywhere close to the front by the time you get to FoP, unless you don't mind running. They also stop you at the Pandora bridge while everyone catches up and turns into a bigger mob scene than at the gate.

Then...... whoooooosh....the lights are green and people go and I mean go. Start practicing your speed walking and jogging skills now before your trip. :)

rcapolete

Thought Navi was so not worth the wait and I had a fast pass and didn't wait more than 5 minutes. FoP on the other hand is the greatest ride I have been in. We did it twice and was just as good the second time as the first.

JohnD

Ditto. Do the river ride if there is no line but FOP is your goal for sure and I would try to hit that twice. Rope drop then at your FP time.

The river ride isn't complete garbage but it's no where in FoP's league.

Agree. There is no way I would wait 90 or more minutes for this ride as was the case this past week. I'm back home and is still probably the case. It's a boat ride with one AA. Either ride it at rope drop (if you already have a FP for FOP) or just after Rivers of Light. I had a 5 minute wait for it after the show.

correcaminos

This is exactly what you want to do. NRJ could be skipped completely, it's a very underwhelming ride. It's not Fast and Furious bad, but pretty close.

I don't agree with this. NRJ is really quite pretty visually. We rode it twice with rope drop and we could ride it more. No, it's not exciting or anything, but visually stunning (better than the movie IMO). I'm not sure why it gets so much hate as it was always just a slow yet beautiful ride.

FOP is great, but IMO not worth much more than a 30 minute wait (if that). Keep the FP for it and rope drop NRJ or at least get in line for it before it gets to 20 mins.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I don't agree with this. NRJ is really quite pretty visually. We rode it twice with rope drop and we could ride it more. No, it's not exciting or anything, but visually stunning (better than the movie IMO). I'm not sure why it gets so much hate as it was always just a slow yet beautiful ride.

FOP is great, but IMO not worth much more than a 30 minute wait (if that). Keep the FP for it and rope drop NRJ or at least get in line for it before it gets to 20 mins.

I'm sure you can find someone who would argue that F&F is a good ride too.

I'M JUST KIDDING, NO YOU CAN'T! HAHA! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

correcaminos

I'm sure you can find someone who would argue that F&F is a good ride too.

I'M JUST KIDDING, NO YOU CAN'T! HAHA! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Never been, so I cannot say honestly. I just think people were expecting something else from Navi and somehow disappointed with it when they saw it. I was that way with Harry Potter at Universal. Now I have to wait to go back. I went in thinking it'd be a boring river ride for Navi and wound up liking it a lot (music especially).

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Never been, so I cannot say honestly. I just think people were expecting something else from Navi and somehow disappointed with it when they saw it. I was that way with Harry Potter at Universal. Now I have to wait to go back. I went in thinking it'd be a boring river ride for Navi and wound up liking it a lot (music especially).

I have the opposite opinion. I think NRJ is one of the worst, if not the worst ride at WDW. I rate it well below TriceraTop Spin. You can't even get a good nap in on it like you could on Ellen's Energy Adventure, or It's a Small World. :joyfull:

F&F is so bad though, that even calling it an attraction could be considered offensive to even the worst attractions. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom