Flight of Passage, How Does it Rank at WDW in E-Tickets?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Splash Mountain is still the greatest ride in the history of rides. Any list with Splash not in the #1 position is invalid. That’s not only my opinion. I read it in a book somewhere once. FOP is a blast, but no simulator will ever beat out real movement through real physical sets populated with real stuff, even if it’s real fake stuff. I’d put FOP at 3 behind Splash and TOT.
Tower of Terror (original) is absolutely a top 5, probably top 3. The queue, the building, the story, the ride, the theming, the ride system, etc are all top notch Disney.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Tower of Terror (original) is absolutely a top 5, probably top 3. The queue, the building, the story, the ride, the theming, the ride system, etc are all top notch Disney.

I think where FoP and ToT exceeds and HM disappoints is the queue. I mean I wouldn’t expect HM to have a queue like FoP but the bottlenecking in HM to really peeves me sometimes.

All in my list of top E tickets though.

The Tuna

Just rode FOP for the first time a couple of weeks ago and While it was good I didnt think it was or is the greatest attraction or ride at WDW. I don't say this to be provocative or anything as I am not usually in the minority on things, other than not liking Fantasmic. I think part of it is as I age I am not liking the CGI flying style rides. Forbidden Journey at IOA was better with the 4K projectors but still made me feel a bit off when I came off. I opted to try the river journey instead of FOP and that was terrible. Big issue with Pandora as a whole is I have no connection to it. It is impressive to look at but I'm not seeing anything I connect to and never wanted to ride a Banshee like I would say the Millenium Falcon.

Definitely a good ride, the story throughout the queue was great as well. I feel like maybe I need another ride on it to see for sure but while it was good I didn't feel it was great and I dont really know why. So help me out. what am I missing with this ride?

crxbrett

Its Splash for me also - In terms of story and set up - Nothing compares. Amazing ride the moment you enter that massive que.

100% agreed!

giphy.gif

Flight of Passage is an impressive experience/adventure, I will not dispute that. But for me personally, it's probably on the low end of WDW's list of top E-ticket caliber attractions.

PeoplemoverTTA

That arm really looked like it was going to reach you as you went by when it was running, and really made the end more of an experience. It would be in the top 3 for sure if that was running, plus fixing bird on a stick to look more real, plus the mist at the cave entrances again would put it way up there on the list.

Agreed. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but 6/6 friends and family members who visited WDW while the Yeti worked came back and when talking about their trips, not just the ride, but their trips overall, said how amazing the yeti was, not what an amazing coaster EE was. I think that we've become too accustomed to it in B-mode to remember just how much people were blown away by the yeti.

voodoo321

I am including the entire experience(the approach walking toward the attraction, the look of the building or facade, area music and atmosphere, queue experience, and ride) as opposed to ride only. Only current WDW E tickets. For me it goes...

1. Splash
2. Pirates
3. Tower
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Everest
6. Big Thunder
7. Jungle Cruise
8. Spaceship Earth
9. Test Track
10. 4-way tie between FoP, Space Mt., Seven Dwarfs, Dinosaur

Those 4 work there way in and out of my top 10, the other 9 are fixtures

Honorable Mentions:
-KJ(would be in top 10 if it had kept its side story and effects)
-Soarin(worse now with new film but still wouldn't have cracked my top ten)
-RnRC(barely gets a mention)

I guess the only other two that are left are Star Tours and Mission Space and I don't think either are worth riding.

Obviously I'm not a big fan of simulators and CGI so it's a pretty big compliment from me to put FoP in my top ten.

Last edited:

Damon7777

Obviously I'm not a big fan of simulators and CGI so it's a pretty big compliment from me to put FoP in my top ten.

......best stay out of Universal to avoid CGItis----- that joint is infested with screens.

Sadly Disney's Soarin is a full blown carrier of that highly communicable disease and I feel it will spread deep into Galaxy Edge. Pandora is already infected.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s a very good ride...top notch for a simulator.

I still think splash and tower are the best combination or story, theme and ride...haunted mansion in its time...

But I do like the avatar sim. Very good addition

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom