Flight of Passage for handicap guests

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
My Dad really wants to ride this, the issue is , he has a prosthetic leg below the knee. Has anyone ridden flight of passage and know if someone handicap would be able to ride. I Have seen photos of the ride vehicle, but I have not seen someone actually on it to know where your legs actually go and how the leg restraint I have heard about works. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Interesting question! Based on reports about the leg restraints, if he can ride, my guess is he'll have to remove his prosthesis, but I'd like to know the answer as well...

POLY LOVER

I have a bad hip and was on the ride. I can honestly say it was very uncomfortable for me. You are secured in one position and for me it was a bad one. I almost wanted to ask the cast member to get me off the ride. I can't say how you would be with a prosthetic leg.

DisneyMel78

Hello DisneyJoe.

I am new to this forum and actually came across it because I was searching for info on riding Flight of Passage with a prosthetic. My husband has a below the knee prosthetic and I wondered if he would be able to go on this ride. I tried to send you a DM however it wouldn't let me. II thought I would give it a shot for my husband. I appreciate any info you could give me on this.

Thank you so much!

Melissa

DisneyJoe

Hello DisneyJoe.

I am new to this forum and actually came across it because I was searching for info on riding Flight of Passage with a prosthetic. My husband has a below the knee prosthetic and I wondered if he would be able to go on this ride. I tried to send you a DM however it wouldn't let me. II thought I would give it a shot for my husband. I appreciate any info you could give me on this.

Thank you so much!

Melissa
Yes, shouldn't be a problem.

NelleBelle

Thanks @DisneyJoe! My BIL also has bilateral below knee amputations and he’s never done FoP either (never been to WDW! He’s from Australia). Never even occurred to me (and I’m an OT, embarrassing to admit that I never thought of his ride accessibility)! 😳 Will make me start thinking a bit differently for our next trip!

DisAl

If he can sit on a motorcycle he can probably ride FOP. They have a "test vehicle" outside at the beginning of the que he can sit on and try out for size and comfort, but the test vehicle does not have the side restraints that the actual ride does. There is usually a CM stationed near the test vehicle that can assist.

DisneyJoe

Interesting question! Based on reports about the leg restraints, if he can ride, my guess is he'll have to remove his prosthesis, but I'd like to know the answer as well...
In my experience, only Universal has signs/requirements stating that you may need to remove prosthesis as their rides can be much more intense. I have never seen that signage at any Disney park or attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom