Flight of Passage 3D Glasses

Jamie77

Original Poster
Everyone's talking about how great this ride is but there is never talk about how ill-fitting the 3D glasses are. They constantly shift during the ride and you don't get crystal clear vision. The effect I get is that of cheap 3D glasses, nothing like the ones you get at Mickey' s Philharmagic, A Bug's Life, or Muppets 3D, although they ARE cheap looking. Why is no one talking about this? Vloggers are talking about being in tears after seeing and experiencing this ride but I get a lot of ghosting with trying to see the screen and fighting to keep my glasses on. How are there people talking about the size restraints but everyone is silent about the glasses issue?

luvinthemajik

Thx @Jamie77, I thought it was just me,I've tried with my own eye glasses on and off, but these 3 D disasters move so much, they cause me some distraction on the ride. Don't get me wrong, I really love the ride itself, but what gives with the cheap weird eye wear?

correcaminos

I always have issues seeing 3D. This wasn't crystal clear but there was no double/triple vision for me. So it's still an improvement and one I didn't mind seeing. I have a small head and they stayed put just fine. So no real complaints from me. They felt better than other 3D glasses I've had on.

rufio

I totally agree. I love the ride, but the glasses were falling off my face the whole time. I guess it probably isn't helping that I wear glasses. You'd think they'd design their 3D glasses to fit well for the (millions) of people who need glasses to see. I can't just take them off :/

Jamie77

Original Poster
I always have issues seeing 3D. This wasn't crystal clear but there was no double/triple vision for me. So it's still an improvement and one I didn't mind seeing. I have a small head and they stayed put just fine. So no real complaints from me. They felt better than other 3D glasses I've had on.

The joke in my family is that I have a small head but it didn't work for me in this case. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the experience.

I totally agree. I love the ride, but the glasses were falling off my face the whole time. I guess it probably isn't helping that I wear glasses. You'd think they'd design their 3D glasses to fit well for the (millions) of people who need glasses to see. I can't just take them off :/

I wear my contacts specifically to ride this attraction and the glasses keep falling off my nose, especially during the deep dives. I'm trying to hold on and adjust the glasses and hold my head at the right angle and nothing works. These need to be attached to a band or something. They don't fit behind my ears.

Jamie77

Original Poster
Thx @Jamie77, I thought it was just me,I've tried with my own eye glasses on and off, but these 3 D disasters move so much, they cause me some distraction on the ride. Don't get me wrong, I really love the ride itself, but what gives with the cheap weird eye wear?

You hit the nail on the head with this one. It's such a distraction for an attraction so great. If enough people complain about this, they'll have to do something about it. They should have had a survey for people to fill out because they may have found this was/is a problem.

correcaminos

The joke in my family is that I have a small head but it didn't work for me in this case. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the experience.

I wear my contacts specifically to ride this attraction and the glasses keep falling off my nose, especially during the deep dives. I'm trying to hold on and adjust the glasses and hold my head at the right angle and nothing works. These need to be attached to a band or something. They don't fit behind my ears.
My 9yo has a bigger head than me. I cannot wear adult hats, but I'm also 5' tall so I'm more like a preteen in size lol. Not a large lady at all and still no issues for me or my 9yo. Wonder if some are more bent out than others? Really all the other 3d glasses are huge on me or fit weird so it was a nice change for me.

I will say I was more upright than most but that is due to a physical issue I had so maybe that helped too?

Surfin' Tuna

Agreed, but I do not know if there is any real solution to this. I have never been a huge fan of any attraction that requires the 3D glasses. Because of my disdain, I have not seen a 3D movie in the theater in 24 years. My bias kept me from whining about it on this attraction, but I am glad to see I am not the only one. Maybe once they work out the kinks in the Minnie Van they'll turn their attention to these issues that actually detract from an attraction.

rufio

I'm trying to hold on and adjust the glasses and hold my head at the right angle and nothing works. These need to be attached to a band or something. They don't fit behind my ears.

Same!! I've ridden twice and both times I forgot to put my hair up. I really have to wonder how much better the ride would be if I wasn't constantly to keep my hair out of my face so I can see and trying to keep the glasses on!

Tom Morrow

Agreed. This was my only issue with the ride. I kept feeling like my glasses were about to fall off and had to adjust them, taking me out of the experience.

Chef Mickey

Actually, there is plenty of talk on how poorly they fit for some. They will fix it and it really doesn't detract from the ride, IMO.

You'll just probably have to wait for these to get "worn out" and the next production run will have a tighter fit. I honestly think the company who made them screwed up slightly and Disney couldn't get enough new ones to fix it in time for opening.

My guess is this issue will be fixed by Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom