Flight lands at 9:15pm, what time will my luggage reach the room?

LithiumBill

Original Poster
Hey gang,

First time using MDE and we are wondering since our flight lands at 9:15pm, if we tag our bags for delivery to our room, what time will they get there? will they knock at our door after 1am if it does not get there until later? Or will they hold our luggage at the desk until the morning?

Plowboy

My advice (considering your scheduled arrival time) would be don't use the DME baggage tags and just pick up your own bags at the carousel and take them down to the bus yourself. Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but you are guaranteed having your luggage when you arrive at your room and don't have to worry about any middle of the night door knocking or having to chase your luggage down in the a.m.

LithiumBill

Original Poster
My advice (considering your scheduled arrival time) would be don't use the DME baggage tags and just pick up your own bags at the carousel and take them down to the bus yourself. Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but you are guaranteed having your luggage when you arrive at your room and don't have to worry about any middle of the night door knocking or having to chase your luggage down in the a.m.

That is what I was thinking. I got such a good deal on the room for the night, combined with the flight, it made more sense for us to come the night before our stay really started... I was debating if to just get our own luggage or not.

LuckyOswald

Yeah on my last trip we landed around this time (we had to divert to Tampa for an hour, after circling Orlando due to weather, so we were late!). They knocked on our door around 1:45am to deliver our bags. I'd just get them yourself

MickeyMomV

Best case your looking about 11 or so. Like others have said I would just get them yourself unless you are hitting Midnight EMH's or DS once you arrive then I would save the time and have them delivered.

Rob562

If we land at 6:30 how long might it take for WDE to get us to Animal Kingdom Lodge on a Thursday night?

In my experience, the average tends to be 70-80 minutes after you step off the plane, assuming you only make minimal stops on your way to the DME counter.

-Rob

Weather_Lady

Ditto - I'd recommend fetching them from Baggage Claim yourself. Better yet, travel carryon only and you won't even have to stop at Baggage Claim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom