Flight canceled, having to scramble

Doug Means

My 6am flight from Dallas was canceled this morning😢. We’re having to scramble to figure out how to fit a day in a park on our check out day. Not to mention all missed fast passes we can’t get now and the dining reservation. Will post after trip notes on the trip thread. Ugh. Suggestions??

nickys

Premium Member
My 6am flight from Dallas was canceled this morning😢. We’re having to scramble to figure out how to fit a day in a park on our check out day. Not to mention all missed fast passes we can’t get now and the dining reservation. Will post after trip notes on the trip thread. Ugh. Suggestions??

Well make sure you cancel the dining. You could call and explain, they’ll waive the charge.

How long do you have on check-out day, and what park? And what FPs did you have for today?

Upvote 0

Doug Means

Original Poster
Well make sure you cancel the dining. You could call and explain, they’ll waive the charge.

How long do you have on check-out day, and what park? And what FPs did you have for today?
We had RR and fantasmic that are 2 big family favorites. They did wave the cancellation fee and even found us the almost exact same time for Friday.

Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I know this doesn't help the OP, and I promise I am not being a smart@ss, but for anyone else reading this thread, my advice is to not plan any must-do's for your travel days. On one of our trips, we were supposed to leave Houston at 10:30 am, but we didn't leave until almost 4:00 pm. So instead of getting in a half-day at the parks, we ended up eating at the food court and getting an early night's sleep (traveling with a 1-year old). It happens.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I know this doesn't help the OP, and I promise I am not being a smart@ss, but for anyone else reading this thread, my advice is to not plan any must-do's for your travel days. On one of our trips, we were supposed to leave Houston at 10:30 am, but we didn't leave until almost 4:00 pm. So instead of getting in a half-day at the parks, we ended up eating at the food court and getting an early night's sleep (traveling with a 1-year old). It happens.
Another suggestion is always book the earliest flight possible and make sure that the airline you choose has multiple flights going out to Orlando just incase you get bumped.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom