FLE Christmas decorations!

dgp602

Original Poster
Does anyone have pictures of how the New Fantasy Land has been decorated for Christmas?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They do not really decorate outside of Main Street USA, so I am not expecting anything in FL.

WDWFREAK53

Let's hope for some next year. They'd really be missing a great "decorating" opportunity with the snow in the background...and all of the pine trees.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Didn't Disney Parks say that FLE would be decorated in 2013??
Yes I believe there was some mention of that. Will be interesting to see if it happens. Not much outside of Main Street is decorated, so doing Fantasyland to any significant amount would be a break from that.

WDWYankee15

Didn't Disney Parks say that FLE would be decorated in 2013??
This has been said by a few people here. Since this is 2012, I would expect not to see anything this year. When that annoucement was made by Disney Parks it was widely discussed that this was due in part to a number of reasons.

1. Fantasyland is not "officially" opening until December and they do not want the Grand Opening to be with the new land all decorated for Christmas.

2. They will undoubtably be filming during the Christmas Day Parade taping coming up in a few weeks areas of the New Fantasyland for the parade airing and commercials that air during the parade. They do not want to use footage of this new area all decorated up for the holidays in their commericals.

3. They want people to come to the New Fantayland and take in the area as it was designed, not with holiday decorations all up. There are plenty of new great details in the area that they don't want to obstruct in this important period of the first "official" looks.

4. By 2013 Holiday Season, most of Fantasyland will be completed (at least the outer construction) and I would not be surprised if Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is in testing or previews come the holidays in 2013. That will allow the area to have a completed look and be decorated appropriately by the holiday decorating design staff.

JustInTime

Yes I believe there was some mention of that. Will be interesting to see if it happens. Not much outside of Main Street is decorated, so doing Fantasyland to any significant amount would be a break from that.
They used to do Toontown, I think. Perhaps this will be that area's replacement and most of the meet and greets will go in this area for the party in 2013? We will see if it ever happens.

menamechris

I honestly don't see how Christmas decorations would fit thematically into the New Fantasyland area. Maybe wreaths and garland on Maurice's cottage and Gaston's Tavern? But why? And it really wouldn't make any sense for Prince Eric's. I would be surprised if it happens personally...

Tip Top Club

It wouldn't make sense on the mermaid side, but the BATB side is supposed to take place on "The Day Belle and Beast Fell in Love" and that was during the winter. The mountains are snow capped and there is snow in the dining room. Fires are lit in all four buildings, and there's that snowball fight during "Something there." Hopefully Christmastime at Beasts castle in 2013 will be quite enchanting.

Timothy_Q

There's only one way to do this right

Beauty_and_Beast_Enchanted_Christmas.jpg

/sarcasm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom