Flamingo Springs

britdaw

Original Poster
I was looking at the map in my 2016 Unofficial Guide to WDW and saw a place called "Flamingo Springs". What is this? Is it going to be a new Disney hotel?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was looking at the map in my 2016 Unofficial Guide to WDW and saw a place called "Flamingo Springs". What is this? Is it going to be a new Disney hotel?

Do you mean "Flamingo Crossing"? Flamingo Crossing is a retail area that Disney Tried to develop out on the west edge of the property but it didn't really go anywhere. Currently a third party low end hotel is being built there.

If they did actually say "Flamingo Springs" then they are mixing up Flamingo Crossing with Disney Springs, the new name for Downtown Disney.

britdaw

Original Poster
Ahhhh, yes, my mistake. It does say Flamingo Crossings. Weird... Why would they put it in the guide book if there's really nothing there?

Disneyhead'71

Flamingo Crossings looks like this now.

588x331

960x340-flamingo-crossings-hotels.png

By 2016 those 2 hotels will be open.

gsimpson

I read an interview a couple years ago that the Flamingo Crossing was supposed to appeal to folks that don't want to spend as much and might be accepting of a little more DIY type of vacation where they could enjoy the theme parks but then find entertainment, pools, and sight seeing and stay within a budget, she referred to them as 'Myrtle Beach' vacationers (I might be making it sound derisive and she wasn't at all and I don't mean to be). While I don't think those two hotels are on the same level as Grand Floridian or the Poly I don't know if I would call two Marriott branded hotels low end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom