Flamingo Crossing Hotels

lazyboy97o

While I often agree with many of your points as they pertain to the parks and resorts, this is nether a Disney park or Disney resort we're talking about. In fact, it's something that doesn't even have Disney's name associated with it in a way that the vast majority of the public will ever be aware of.

That said, clearly, you and I are never going to see eye-to-eye on this.

I can distinguish Disney the brand from Disney the publicly traded company. It appears that either you cannot or chose not to.

Disney the company is a business and needs to get business done. To me, that is not an excuse to tarnish the Disney brand in the name of making a quick buck the way they do with increasing resort prices and cutbacks in quality across "property" but in terms of "outside" development, you do realize that Disney originally built and owned that shopping center (Crossroads) directly across the street from the Hotel Blvd entrance to WDW over thirty years ago, right?

What Disney's doing here isn't exactly new for the company and in comparison to that project, this seems both nicer and far less attached to Disney than that ever was.
Regardless of whether Disney is involved or not, Flamingo Crossings is more urban sprawl that is a detriment to the built and natural environments. The development could have been laid out as a pedestrian friendly enclave where residents and visitors can easily walk around to the various tenets. Instead it is laid out as boxes in swaths of asphalt too far apart that will result in people driving to the shopping and dining.

Yes, I am aware of Disney’s involvement in Crossroads. It’s a mistake that should have been left in the past.

RSoxNo1

I haven't been paying much attention to this. Are there any more hotels under construction? At one point there was supposed to be 7 total, I believe as of tomorrow 3 will be open?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Flamingo Crossing Town Center construction

Flamingo-Crossings_Full_40476.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Google maps isn't updated but they're building, what looks like a HUGE apartment complex (away from the new CP housing) at the area circled in red. Anyone know what's going in here?

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
FlamingoCrossMap.JPG

Here are the locations that are currently listed on the RCID mapping site:

1. Hampton Inn & Suites
2. Home2 Suites
3. Parking Garage
4. Homewood Suites
5. Fairfield Inn
6. Residence Inn
7. Target
8. Walgreens
9. Walgreens Liquor
10. Sports Area
11. Marriott Sprinhill Suites/Townplace Suites
12. 7 Eleven
13. Wendy's
14. Dunkin
15. Pedestrian Bridge
16. Dominos Pizza

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
View attachment 559294

Here are the locations that are currently listed on the RCID mapping site:

1. Hampton Inn & Suites
2. Home2 Suites
3. Parking Garage
4. Homewood Suites
5. Fairfield Inn
6. Residence Inn
7. Target
8. Walgreens
9. Walgreens Liquor
10. Sports Area
11. Marriott Sprinhill Suites/Townplace Suites
12. 7 Eleven
13. Wendy's
14. Dunkin
15. Pedestrian Bridge
16. Dominos Pizza

are they gonna rename it: the “university of northwestern Osceola county”?

TTA94

For locals in the area it will definitely be nice to have Target and not have to deal with 192. Although I’m not sure how large this new Target will be? Also I hope they put a few other restaurants other than Wendy’s, Dunkin and Dominos. Honestly I’d rather have Flippers than Domino’s.

peter11435

For locals in the area it will definitely be nice to have Target and not have to deal with 192. Although I’m not sure how large this new Target will be? Also I hope they put a few other restaurants other than Wendy’s, Dunkin and Dominos. Honestly I’d rather have Flippers than Domino’s.
There’s a lot of other restaurants coming

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom