Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

roj2323

Walked past this yesterday too. I couldnt gwt a photo but the walkways including planters have been poured. It appeared they were getting close to being done.

Computer Magic

I bet the ribs at Harambe Market will be the same as Flame Tree, at least that is what the new Disney does. I was in AK in March and you could get Flame Tree food, they had two booths setup. You just can't sit in some of the areas as they were blocked off.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

I was wondering about that... the ribs and the chicken skewers at Harambe Market (at least somewhat) infringe on Flame Tree's territory. I wonder if the menu will still be similar to what it was before?

Imagineerwannabe

anchorman314

I bet the ribs at Harambe Market will be the same as Flame Tree, at least that is what the new Disney does. I was in AK in March and you could get Flame Tree food, they had two booths setup. You just can't sit in some of the areas as they were blocked off.
From what I've read, the new ribs are very different from the Flame Tree ribs. The ones in Harambe are more of a dry-rub, rather than slathered in sauce.

Cesar R M

Walked past this yesterday too. I couldnt gwt a photo but the walkways including planters have been poured. It appeared they were getting close to being done.
I wonder if they actually changed plans and increased the number of seating and size.
because the building area seemed to get bigger

Computer Magic

From what I've read, the new ribs are very different from the Flame Tree ribs. The ones in Harambe are more of a dry-rub, rather than slathered in sauce.
I hope you are right. Although the FTB ribs I had in March was dry and fatty. I was very disappointed. I won't even talk about the removal of the Chocolate cake and seasoned fries a few years ago. I look forward to new CS places to eat at AK.

cspencer96

The have to have some place to put the gluten, sugar, and meat free BBQ offerings :)
I really hope this remodel incorporates some of the concepts introduced at the Gardens kiosk, with more options like this. I for one don't need any of the options, but my cloe travel friends do, and any time I see that Disney makes their trip more enjoyable through more options, it's a plus!

roj2323

I wonder if they actually changed plans and increased the number of seating and size.
because the building area seemed to get bigger

From what I've seen and I've walked around in the seating area (it's not completely blocked off) they don't seem to be doing anything to the seating area. The work seems to be confined to the building.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What are they doing that has required so much of a set back? It was originally set to reopen in April now it's pushed back all the way to June 26th. :banghead:
It is called construction. Things rarely go as planned, especially with a remodel. All it takes is finding one extra problem, discovering a utility put in an unexpected place or any one of a thousand other things to delay a project.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You forgot to add peanut free.

My apologies!

The have to have some place to put the gluten, sugar, peanut, dairy and meat free BBQ offerings :)

Yes I'm being quite sarcastic in that expecting every counter service location to have something for every dietary restriction or choice is absurd. It might be ideal, but its not economically possible unless they supply something along the lines of a (insert dietary restriction here) Uncrustables. I thought that the snark would have shown through. I have had BBQ tofu before, but every time its just tasted like the sauce and lots of tofu preparations contain gluten. Hmm gluten Free uncrustables

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom