Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Mike730

Perhaps my memory's faulty, but didn't Flame Tree used to include cornbread with most of the meals? We were surprised we didn't receive any during our visit a few days ago, but maybe we were thinking of somewhere else.
I can't remember about Flame Tree, but Whispering Canyon Cafe does this.

MarkTwain

I ate there today. They have cornbread again instead of cole slaw. They had corn and jalapeño inside. They have caramel brownies or pre wrapped chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The Beastly kiosk didn't offer the brownie just at The Garden Kiosk.

Glad to hear it. Maybe the coleslaw was just a temporary substitute.

SnarkyMonkey

As far as I'm concerned, they can remodel Flame Tree into a concrete bunker, as long as they don't "remodel" the ribs. :hungry: ;) :)

I'm with ya!! I agree that it is a nice atmosphere for lunch but so long as they keep serving the food, I won't complain. It's one of the best WDW QS as far as I'm concerned.

For some reason, I'm kind of envisioning the rehab to end up more like Backlot Express. It's sort of open but sort of covered. But I guess we will see.

WDWtraveler

Flame Tree Barbecue closed. Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 10.

The serving windows at Flame Tree barbecue are all closed now, even though the front of the building is still open so that you can walk through the porch overhang. A large area in FRONT of the building has been walled off, surrounding the Flame Tree Barbecue sign post and much of the trees, bushes, and walkways in front of the food venue. Most of the foot traffic has been routed to the far side of the trees and bushes, but opposite that area has also been walled off, creating a "choke point", walking between Doug and Russell's Clubhouse and the Dinoland bridge.

In this photo, Flame Tree Barbecue is on the right. The food venue's sign can be seen in the center of the photo, just over the construction wall. Most of the foot traffic is routed to the left, see next photo.

IMG_4432.JPG

The following photo is looking just to the left of the above photo. You can see the other construction wall on the left. The building's roof on the left is the back of Disney's Outfitters.

IMG_4433.JPG

This photo is taken from Doug and Russell's Clubhouse, looking back towards the street leading to the Dinoland bridge. The Dinoland sign can be seen in the background, above the construction wall.

IMG_4434.JPG

Kman101

I really like Flame Tree and the outdoor seating area. Ate there last month. But have they vastly cut down on their offerings? I just feel like their menu was very very light compared to years ago. But I can't say that for sure. Prices to me weren't too bad for the amount of food offered, IMO.

WDWtraveler

Photo update, as of Sunday, Feb 1. A large area of the pathway in front of Flame Tree Barbecue has been walled off for several weeks. Here is an over-the-wall view of the clearing work that has been done to date. All that remains are the large trees. The pavement, planters, and other vegetation has been removed. The Flame Tree Barbecue building, while closed, remains unaltered. The brown building in the center background is the restroom across from the coffee shop. The blue-roofed building is Disney Outfitters.

IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

Cesar R M

Photo update, as of Sunday, Feb 1. A large area of the pathway in front of Flame Tree Barbecue has been walled off for several weeks. Here is an over-the-wall view of the clearing work that has been done to date. All that remains are the large trees. The pavement, planters, and other vegetation has been removed. The Flame Tree Barbecue building, while closed, remains unaltered. The brown building in the center background is the restroom across from the coffee shop. The blue-roofed building is Disney Outfitters.

View attachment 81021

View attachment 81023
thanks for the update, really appreciated!

does this means they will build the outer area first?

hpyhnt 1000

Judging from the extensive nature of the walls, looks like they are taking the opportunity to redesign and widen the walkway through that area. Makes sense too as that intersection outside Flame Tree is going to be the main convergence point for everyone exiting the park after Rivers of Light.

Cesar R M

Judging from the extensive nature of the walls, looks like they are taking the opportunity to redesign and widen the walkway through that area. Makes sense too as that intersection outside Flame Tree is going to be the main convergence point for everyone exiting the park after Rivers of Light.
the store infront of the photos on this page... is also walled. leaving a smallspace (congestion) for people to move, not fun specially when you have to fight " stroller warriors" and their 3 deckers... specially when they are carrying their 9 year old or older kids.

Unplugged

Looks like they're cranking out the concrete in the project, perhaps so they can widen the foot traffic flow while they continue the rest of the work. Wishful thinking I'm sure. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom