Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

FerretAfros

Well, if there are water screens, wouldn't almost directly across from the viewing area under construction provide a mirror-image view of the same show?
Not really. I've watched World of Color from the backside multiple times and it's just not a good view at all. You can make out the general colors and shapes of the projections, but it's tough to get any detail or see which characters are which. And the way that it's set up, the water screens are at the back of the show area, so they completely block out views of the fountains themselves from the backside

When they were creating WOC, they realized that the show would need to be seen from the front. Part of the construction process was to add things on the pier (like the Don Tomas turkey leg stand and gazebos by TSMM) to intentionally block the view of the show and discourage people from watching from there. It seems unlikely that they would want to use Flame Tree for a premium viewing package, considering that they specifically discouraged similar views in DCA

If some sort of add-on experience is added for the show, I suspect it will be similar to the Fantasmic! or World of Color packages, where guests eat dinner earlier somewhere away from the show and then get a ticket to a reserved viewing location

don guy

Wow what a way to kick a guy down. this is my all time best Qs place in WDW so sad it will be closed while I'm there and while I think it's a good idea to do more covered seating just bad timing. I hope it doesn't take as long as sdmt to do the work one sad guy.

tribbleorlfl

Yak and Yeti destroys the food at flame tree grill. I used to be a big fan of flame tree but the prices are insane. Yak and yeti is much more reasonably priced and much better food.
Is there another Yak and Yeti I'm not aware of? Granted I've only been there once (About 6 months after it opened), but it was perhaps one of the most expensive, mediocre meals I've had at WDW. But I would expect nothing less from Landry's.

Gomer

Is there another Yak and Yeti I'm not aware of? Granted I've only been there once (About 6 months after it opened), but it was perhaps one of the most expensive, mediocre meals I've had at WDW. But I would expect nothing less from Landry's.
I was referring to the counter service counter outside the Yak & Yeti restaurant, which I’ve heard is a good value. I’ve heard mixed things on the table service. Not sure which one @jklakeview was referring to though.

RSoxNo1

I really like Yak and Yeti at DAK. You can typically walk in, food isn't overpriced relative to other Disney sit down restaurants and they're not afraid to spice things unlike at Disney owned restaurants.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I really like Yak and Yeti at DAK. You can typically walk in, food isn't overpriced relative to other Disney sit down restaurants and they're not afraid to spice things unlike at Disney owned restaurants.

Are we talking about the SAME Yak and Yeti or is there a second secret one which serves edible food, And I usually eat in the Chinese restaurants where I am one of the few 'Round Eyed Barbarians'...

dumboflyer

Y&Y is just OK to me. Pizzafari needs to be replaced, it is quite dull. Restaurantosaurus is actually quite well-themed in my mind (and allows for free refills of fountain soda) but the food is predictable.

I did also enjoy Tusker House before it became a full service inferior clone to Boma.

I guess my plan will be to hit up the Boardwalk bakery before I leave my hotel, snack a bit in AK, and then eat my way around WS when I hop to Epcot in the evening.

JohnD

A duck proof fence would be a good addition, not too difficult, just some chicken mesh so they stay away.

Chicken mesh. Lovely. . . You forgot the ibises. The biggest deterrent would be signs saying do not feed the animals. I know: good luck with that one.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Are we talking about the SAME Yak and Yeti or is there a second secret one which serves edible food, And I usually eat in the Chinese restaurants where I am one of the few 'Round Eyed Barbarians'...

Its not Chinese food, that's why there might be a disconnect. Its more Desi fusion with elements of other non-Chinese regional fare. I've lived in the Far east and Mid east for years and both have one thing in common: unfamiliar foods and preparations to what we see in the US.

Its a Landry's restaurant, so the ingredients, preparation, and service are of consistent good quality but that said not everyone will like all of the menu items. If you haven't been exposed to having curry liberally added to everything in every meal there are items you will not like such as the Malaysian Seafood Curry.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Its not Chinese food, that's why there might be a disconnect. Its more Desi fusion with elements of other non-Chinese regional fare. I've lived in the Far east and Mid east for years and both have one thing in common: unfamiliar foods and preparations to what we see in the US.

Its a Landry's restaurant, so the ingredients, preparation, and service are of consistent good quality but that said not everyone will like all of the menu items. If you haven't been exposed to having curry liberally added to everything in every meal there are items you will not like such as the Malaysian Seafood Curry.

I also am used to indo/chinese fusion as that is the bulk of what is available in our company cafeteria and I tend to seek out the restaurants where I am the only pale face there, I find Yak and Yeti to be poorly seasoned and poorly prepared compared to the authentic foods from India and China.

I do NOT like 'Americanized' Indian and Chinese foods - the spicing is just WRONG not talking about hot although that plays a part in some dishes but the spicing and preparation is just off.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Must make sure to eat there next week since our visits after that are during the closed period. We LIVE for Flame Tree - the best ribs in the parks and the best QS. Sure hope they don't mess with the menu. Will be nice to not get rained on walking to the seating area, we always head for a water side table.

Cannot imagine visiting DAK and not smelling Flame Tree as I walk past....sad. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom