Flame Tree Barbecue closing for extensive remodel at Disney's Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

I wonder if they will install a special seating area for some sort of dessert party for the new nighttime show. Either way, a welcome improvement. Sometimes on rainy days, it's nice to have a roof over your head while you eat, but having to walk in the rain to get to the seating stinks. What DAK really needs, though, are more enclosed, air-conditioned places to eat.

I also wonder if the purported new dining in Africa will open prior to Flame Tree closing.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if they will install a special seating area for some sort of dessert party for the new nighttime show. Either way, a welcome improvement. Sometimes on rainy days, it's nice to have a roof over your head while you eat, but having to walk in the rain to get to the seating stinks. What DAK really needs, though, are more enclosed, air-conditioned places to eat.

I also wonder if the purported new dining in Africa will open prior to Flame Tree closing.
I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a premium area made out of this. We'll see.

PhilharMagician

More covered areas is welcome. On rainy days there is not enough covered areas to sit in. I also have to agree that there will be some sort of dual service waterfront area setup for a premium event space like a dessert party and regular seating during the daytime.

dumboflyer

I really do like the food, I think it's hard to find much better QS than those ribs. And I love the seating maze too--always shocked me that more people didn't find their way down to the waterfront covered seating.

I can understand the desire to use that area more for the upcoming nighttime show, but I hate the timing. I'll be there a week or so after it closes, and there are no QS locations in AK that come close to Flame Tree IMO.

Zac Skellington

I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see a premium area made out of this. We'll see.
I wouldn't be surprised either, but isn't the new show to be more "directional"? Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the best viewing would be between Dino and Asia.

Last edited:

Gomer

I really do like the food, I think it's hard to find much better QS than those ribs. And I love the seating maze too--always shocked me that more people didn't find their way down to the waterfront covered seating.

I can understand the desire to use that area more for the upcoming nighttime show, but I hate the timing. I'll be there a week or so after it closes, and there are no QS locations in AK that come close to Flame Tree IMO.

I’ll be down there at the same time. At first I was crushed. But now I’m sort of excited to be forced to try something new. I’ve seen good reviews on Tamu Tamu and the Yak & Yeti counter service, so this will a nice way to force me to try one of those.

ToTBellHop

Will the new show have 360 degree viewing? It looked fairly one sided in the concept art and Flame Tree would be almost directly behind it.
Well, if there are water screens, wouldn't almost directly across from the viewing area under construction provide a mirror-image view of the same show?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well, if there are water screens, wouldn't almost directly across from the viewing area under construction provide a mirror-image view of the same show?
Possibly, but they are only one element of the show. I am picturing that tt would be kind of like watching Fantasmic! from back stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom