Flag Lowering at MK

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Do they still have the Flag Lowering ceremony at the MK? It used to be around 5 or 6 PM and involved a flock of doves flying up Main Street after the Flag was lowered. I remember seeing it quite a few years ago, but totally forgot they had it until I read an article recently about it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Do they still have the Flag Lowering ceremony at the MK? It used to be around 5 or 6 PM and involved a flock of doves flying up Main Street after the Flag was lowered. I remember seeing it quite a few years ago, but totally forgot they had it until I read an article recently about it.
Not sure if doing it today, but it was at 5pm every day with the veteran of the day. Both my DW and I are retired military, and did it on 2 separate occasions. They have not released any doves in well over a decade.

DisneyMar08373.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yes, they still do it, but no doves.

JohnD

Yes. It's called "Flag Retreat" and they lower and remove the flag every day at 5pm. There is usually a guest veteran there who assists in the lowering or is present to accompany the flag after it is lowered and marched down MS to the location backstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom