Fitness centre options

victoryyy

Original Poster
We are staying at CBR in early October. It looks like there is no fitness centre there, they are only at deluxe resorts?

What is the best option for me to find a fitness centre. I'm hoping for limited travel and cost. We will have a car with us.

dreamfinder

Using the ones at the deluxe resorts is an option, but you will most likely be charged $12-15 per person per visit to use the facilities. Either switch as Master Yoda suggested, or think of other ways you could work out. IE Use the CBR jogging loop to go running, use a packed backpack or a small child as a weight and do reps, etc.

dkp

If you're a runner CBR is good for short runs, and has some outdoor areas you could adapt for bodyweight exercises. Otherwise, I second the recommendation for CSR. We're staying there for the first time, also in October, in part because it's the only moderate we've not yet stayed at and in part because of the fitness center. We're curious.

Animaniac93-98

You might want to look at switching to Coronado Springs. They are a moderate resort that has a fitness center.

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/content/spa.htm

Honestly never knew this, I always thought you had to stay at a Deluxe to get one. Must be because of the convention crowds (same for the salon). Good to know.

Resistance bands are another good idea as a gym substitue. They're easily packed in a suitcase.

MickeyPeace

I have only stayed a CS out of the moderates for this reason-it's the only one with a gym. All of the deluxe have gyms except for the Poly. Guests must go to GF.

The Dolphin also has a gym but its hours are 6am-9pm. You can use Disney gyms 24/7 with your room key.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Honestly never knew this, I always thought you had to stay at a Deluxe to get one. Must be because of the convention crowds (same for the salon). Good to know.

Resistance bands are another good idea as a gym substitue. They're easily packed in a suitcase.
That is pretty much correct. CS has a number of deluxe resort amenities because of the convention crowd.

Allym146

This is sort of a peeve of mine. I see no reason why the moderate resorts can't have a fitness center. Your run of the mill Holiday Inn has one... I just don't see it being such a huge cost to add a room with some treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and free weights. Yes, I could run outside, but running isn't an option for everyone who wants to work out, and it's 85-90 degrees out!

Rant over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom