Fishin’ Hole, PO Riverside...

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Wondering if anyone can tell me about the opening hours and pricing for the Fishin Hole at Port Orleans Riverside...

Used to go every trip as a kid so fancy taking my boys next time we are in WDW!

Any info at all appreciated as not listed on MDE app although it shows on the map :)

dclfan

I am here to help @Tuvalu .

@WDW_Jon we just got back from our December trip and went to the 'ol fishin hole. It is $6.00 per 1/2 hour per person. When you arrive you get a little yellow slip with your "in" time. The fee gets you a cane fishing pole, hot dog bait, a towel to wash off after fishing, and access to the dock. I believe they also offered a family package for $15.00 per 1/2 which gave you 6 poles but don't hold me too that. The hours were 7:00 A.M. to 1:15 P.M. so make sure to get there early. We didn't catch anything but it was still a fun way to spend the morning and we really enjoyed ourselves. It is so quiet and peaceful in that section of Riverside They were also pretty lax on the time. We checked in at 11:00 and I believe we returned our poles in at around 11:45 and they only charged us for 1/2 an hour. Big win!!! haha

Dave B

Sounds fun, one question? You mentioned getting a towel to clean off. Is it plain white towel, or a souvenir type towel that mentions the fishing hole or the experience?

thx in advance

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
I am here to help @Tuvalu .

@WDW_Jon we just got back from our December trip and went to the 'ol fishin hole. It is $6.00 per 1/2 hour per person. When you arrive you get a little yellow slip with your "in" time. The fee gets you a cane fishing pole, hot dog bait, a towel to wash off after fishing, and access to the dock. I believe they also offered a family package for $15.00 per 1/2 which gave you 6 poles but don't hold me too that. The hours were 7:00 A.M. to 1:15 P.M. so make sure to get there early. We didn't catch anything but it was still a fun way to spend the morning and we really enjoyed ourselves. It is so quiet and peaceful in that section of Riverside They were also pretty lax on the time. We checked in at 11:00 and I believe we returned our poles in at around 11:45 and they only charged us for 1/2 an hour. Big win!!! haha
Great thank you!

Helpful to know the operating hours as I may of rolled up after lunch and missed out!

Think I’ll definately see if they want to go as it must be 25 years since I last went!

Thanks again :)

dclfan

Sounds fun, one question? You mentioned getting a towel to clean off. Is it plain white towel, or a souvenir type towel that mentions the fishing hole or the experience?

thx in advance

It is a plain white towel unfortunately . You give it back at the end kind of like you would a towel at the pool.

dclfan

Great thank you!

Helpful to know the operating hours as I may of rolled up after lunch and missed out!

Think I’ll definately see if they want to go as it must be 25 years since I last went!

Thanks again :)

Your very welcome. I know the hours are kind of odd. Most people probably aren’t thinking fishing at 7:00 AM in Disney. Glad I could help. Looking forward to hearing about your experience if you go. I think your boys will like it. I saw a lot of boys fishing.

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
Your very welcome. I know the hours are kind of odd. Most people probably aren’t thinking fishing at 7:00 AM in Disney. Glad I could help. Looking forward to hearing about your experience if you go. I think your boys will like it. I saw a lot of boys fishing.
Yes I was thinking walk to Epcot from the Dolphin for a few hours in the AM and catch a bus over there around lunchtime but thanks to your info I know not to leave it so late!
Thanks again

Mark Cameron

Does anyone catch any fish? I have seen a lot of reports and no one has caught anything. I realize it's all about the experience but if I take my son fishing at home he always expects to catch a fish, so Disney won't be different in his mind! lol

Captain Barbossa

Does anyone catch any fish? I have seen a lot of reports and no one has caught anything. I realize it's all about the experience but if I take my son fishing at home he always expects to catch a fish, so Disney won't be different in his mind! lol
It says on PortOrleans.com that it's stocked with bream, bass and catfish. I can go ahead and tell you that if you're fishing with a hotdog, you're most likely not going to catch a bass. To be quite honest, I don't believe that it's even stocked with bass. If guest were catching bass for $6, then who's still gonna pay for the $170-$455 bass fishing excursions? ;) (answer: not many) I've only heard about and seen people catch small bream, not even hand size (aka bait snatchers). If there were any catfish in the pond, they'd be all over that hotdog pretty good.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It says on PortOrleans.com that it's stocked with bream, bass and catfish. I can go ahead and tell you that if you're fishing with a hotdog, you're most likely not going to catch a bass. To be quite honest, I don't believe that it's even stocked with bass. If guest were catching bass for $6, than who's still gonna pay for the $170-$455 bass fishing excursions? ;) (answer: not many) I've only heard about and seen people catch small bream, not even hand size (aka bait snatchers). If there were any catfish in the pond, they'd be all over that hotdog pretty good.

You could use the bream to catch the bass. A little ol' fashioned but it still works. Just sayin'

Tom 55

I did this in 2012 with the grandkids. It was a waste of money. Kids caught 2 little sunfish in an hour of trying. The people next to us got nothing. You get a cane pole with a bobber that put the bait a foot under water. the fish are on the bottom six feet down. they caught fish because I had them take the bobber off and fish the bottom. I have also hired aguide and fished once along the river from Riverside to Down Town Disney and once in Seven Sea lagoon. Fishing around the docks at GF and over by Discovery Island was much better.

Beacon Joe

FWIW, there were good places to fish from the shore at Fort Wilderness.

Does anybody know if Disney World still allows shore fishing after the gator ate the guest? I'm kinda considering bringing my gear down and fishing from the Grand Floridian docks, or fishing the canal just north of the convention center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom