Pre-Trip First WDW Vacation since 2004. Got it all planned (Mostly)

I can't believe it is only a little more than a month away from my first Disney vacation in over nine years. I have previously gone three times and once to Disneyland. My wonderful girlfriend and I are making a return trip this year in October. We chose October because of the Halloween Party and the Food & Wine Festival. My girlfriend's parents are DVC members and are letting us use their points. Since my girlfriend has gone to Disney almost every year, she let me do the planning (what a wonderful girlfriend). I am a Disney freak so I certainly don't mind planning. We are staying at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. We are leaving on Sunday October 13th and returning home on Saturday October 19th, so 7 days, 6 nights.

I have only gone to Disney with my parents so this will be a new experience for me going as an adult. As a kid, I only wanted to get to the next ride but now I want to soak in everything Disney has to offer. My girlfriend and I have been planning this vacation since January and I think my final itinerary is complete. I made the final changes today and I am happy with our schedule. At first I was doing way too much planning and found myself getting stressed. We needed more spontaneity so thats what I gave us. Here is our schedule and let me know what you guys think.

Sunday 10/13
Our Flight is at 11am so I figure we will arrive at the Wilderness Lodge around 4pm. Once we are settled in, we will head over to the Magic Kingdom and take advantage of the late night magic hours. Dinner reservations at Be Our Guest at 9:15!

Monday 10/14
Animal Kingdom has early morning magic hours so hopefully we can wake up for that extra hour. We will arrive at the park opening regardless. Tusker House Reservations at 2pm. We will leave around 3/4pm to Hotel and change into Costume. Arrive at the Magic Kingdom around 5:30-6 for Halloween party. Party lasts till Midnight.

Tuesday 10/15
Arrive at park opening for Hollywood studios. Brown Derby Fantasmic Dinner Package, 3:35pm. Fantasmic 7:30pm

Wednesday 10/16
Whispering Canyon Café at 9:30am for Breakfast. Head to Epcot at some point in afternoon. Check out the Food & Wine Festival plus we have reservations at Les Chefs de France. There are late night magic hours so we will do that.

Thursday 10/17
Do anything we want. But I do have a reservation for California Grill at 7:40 PM. The observation deck will be open so we can see the Halloween Fireworks.

Friday 10/18
This day is open as well

Saturday 10/19
This is our last day in Disney and we don’t have to leave the resort until 4 for our flight. So once again we will do whatever we want.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

My only suggestion is to head back to your resort after lunch each day and take a nap! (All you'll "miss" in the parks is the hottest, most crowded hours of the day.) ;) Otherwise, those late evenings and early mornings are going to wear you out.

Have a great time!

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My only suggestion is to head back to your resort after lunch each day and take a nap! (All you'll "miss" in the parks is the hottest, most crowded hours of the day.) ;) Otherwise, those late evenings and early mornings are going to wear you out.

Have a great time!

Monday and Tuesday are gonna be our toughest days. Depending on how long we take for Animal Kingdom, I want to squeeze in a nap before the party. Otherwise, the rest of the days will be much more relaxed

Zipadeelady

Looks good!! Have a spectacular time! I love the Boo to You parade. I'm getting the song stuck in my head just thinking about it. :inlove:

LizC

Your plans look great. My husband and I are arriving only a few days after you, you picked such a good time to go! Make sure to snack your way around Epcot and enjoy the Food and Wine festival. In my opinion it is the best event Disney does, although I may be partial to the wine part. :rolleyes: Also, try resort hopping, especially at the monorail resorts. Nothing like taking a break between parks and grabbing a Lapu Lapu! :D

Have a wonderful trip!

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Your plans look great. My husband and I are arriving only a few days after you, you picked such a good time to go! Make sure to snack your way around Epcot and enjoy the Food and Wine festival. In my opinion it is the best event Disney does, although I may be partial to the wine part. :rolleyes: Also, try resort hopping, especially at the monorail resorts. Nothing like taking a break between parks and grabbing a Lapu Lapu! :D

Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks! We are planning on buy one snack from as many carts as possible and share. We'd like to try as many things as we can. I hope you guys enjoy your trip!

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I am so excited but I decided to check and see if there were any reservations for Be Our Guest available during our trip and I got one for the first night we are there! What a way to start our vacation!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom