First Visit to Disneyland

BryceM

Original Poster
My father and I are leaving for Cali this week (San Diego), and there is a decent chance we might drive down to Anaheim for a day at Disneyland... I'm really hoping that happens because I have always wanted to visit DLR. I have a few questions though.

1) Will it be super busy? We are going to go to Disneyland, no DCA. It will be spring break for me (coming from Florida), so I'm assuming it will be spring break in California as well. Which attractions should I fastpass? Which attraction would be best to hit first? Any single rider lines?

2) Best place to eat lunch? Will probably be "cheap" and eat quick service.

Actually, those are really my only two questions, haha.

Californian Elitist

An early welcome to California, Bryce!

The spring breaks are mixed up (mine was last week). If you and your father do end up going, I suggest going on a weekday, when a lot of APs are blocked. Crowds shouldn't be too bad, but just be careful during the evening. Some annual passholders like to show up in the evenings after work or school.

In regards to places to eat, what kind of food do you and your after like? If you're not looking for the usual burgers, pizza, hot dogs and chicken tenders, I can recommend some great quick service spots, based on what you like to eat.

BryceM

Original Poster
It will definitely be a weekday! And were probably going any day from the 14th - 17th. I'm assuming that Indy and Space won't still be down for refurb.

Last edited:

teacherlady19

I concur with Raven about spring breaks being mixed up. Within San Diego County alone, all of the school districts are on a different break. LA seems to be similar. Look for a weekday that's blocked for most of the lower level AP's, and you'll be okay.

BTW, when you drive from San Diego, you go north to Anaheim, and most of us say "go UP to Anaheim" when we live in the San Diego area. (big grin) Going down from San Diego means Baja California.

Californian Elitist

It will definitely be a weekday! And were probably going any day from the 14th - 17th. I'm assuming that Indy and Space won't still be down for refur

If you want to ride Indy, better make sure you go before the 17th. It's going down for a multiple-month refurb on the 17th.

BryceM

Original Poster
If you want to ride Indy, better make sure you go before the 17th. It's going down for a multiple-month refurb on the 17th.
Will be Space be closed if it visit the 17th? And as for dining, I do prefer unique quick service options to the traditional theme park fare.

Californian Elitist

Will be Space be closed if it visit the 17th? And as for dining, I do prefer unique quick service options to the traditional theme park fare.

Space will be open on the 17th. Also, Thunder Mountain reopens on the 17th. It's been closed for over a year.

For unique quick service, I'd recommend Plaza Inn, French Market, Rancho Del Zocalo, River Belle Terrace and Cafe Orleans (both quick and table service).

Figments Friend

Bryce, great to hear you might be able to visit *the Original*...you will LOVE Disneyland!

:)

Rides i would suggest using SIngle Rider would be for Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain, and the Matterhorn Bobsleds.
Just ask the CM minding the entrance to the queue, and they will either slip you a paper pass ( IJA ) or tell you to enter into the attraction via the exit ( Splash )...or just stand in a separate very short line ( MB ).

Raven above has some excellent suggestions for eateries. Do check them out!

Enjoy yourself...!

BryceM

Original Poster
Thank you for all the help! I'll probably be utilizing Single Rider on each of these attractions to cut down on wait times... I'm expecting it to be pretty busy, but even if it is, it won't ruin my time there.

Iced

I just went to DLR and DCA last Christmas and it was awesome!
worthed for my 14.5 hrs flight from Sydney

from my experienced try to go really early in the morning!
coming 30mins before hand will be worthed later...

run for the peter pan ride it will be on fantasy land...it's about 5-10mins ride but the queue will go nuts!
splash mountain will be quieter in the morning! *PS: it's better to get wet in the morning, the sun will help you to dry it up!

2nd round of Space Mt. can be done after the parade :p

BryceM

Original Poster
I had an awesome time! I managed to ride pretty much everything I wanted to, besides Big Thunder Mountain and Indiana Jones. It was crowded, but I didn't let it phase me. All of the lines went by fast anyways, except a Roger Rabbit. The weather was also perfect, especially compared to Florida.

Space Mountain and Pirates blew me away, and I don't think I'll ever be able to ride the Magic Kingdom versions the same way. I also loved how the resort felt, with everything within walking distance, very similar to a Universal Orlando. The only thing I didn't really like was the issue of parking and riding the bus back through the streets of Anaheim, which I understand due to lack of space. Wish I could've experienced DCA as well.

BryceM

Original Poster
@BryceM Glad you had a nice time! Agreed, the bus can be a pain. It's a shame you didn't get to ride Indy, but there's always next time.

Where did you end up eating?
We ate at River Belle Terrace! It was really enjoyable.

And forget what people say about the size of Disneyland's castle... I actually preferred it and all of Main Street USA to our version here in Florida. It just felt... better? I don't know how to describe it. And I love the way the Matterhorn Bobsleds compliments the castle and adds to the skyline!

Californian Elitist

We ate at River Belle Terrace! It was really enjoyable.

And forget what people say about the size of Disneyland's castle... I actually preferred it and all of Main Street USA to our version here in Florida. It just felt... better? I don't know how to describe it. And I love the way the Matterhorn Bobsleds compliments the castle and adds to the skyline!

Great choice for food.

Yes, our castle gets hated on, but I love it. I agree, Matterhorn compliments it very well. Which side of Matterhorn did you ride?

How was San Diego?

BryceM

Original Poster
Great choice for food.

Yes, our castle gets hated on, but I love it. I agree, Matterhorn compliments it very well. Which side of Matterhorn did you ride?

How was San Diego?
I rode the Fantasyland side. It was wild.

And San Diego was amazing. Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo really impressed me. I also loved Mission Beach's vibe that it gave off, with the classic amusement park and boardwalk. La Jolla was also beautiful, and we stayed in Mission Hills. It was an amazing trip.

Californian Elitist

I rode the Fantasyland side. It was wild.

And San Diego was amazing. Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo really impressed me. I also loved Mission Beach's vibe that it gave off, with the classic amusement park and boardwalk. La Jolla was also beautiful, and we stayed in Mission Hills. It was an amazing trip.

Sounds like you had a better spring break than I did. I'm really glad you had a good time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom