First trip help......

da1070

Original Poster
First trip help me please. We are traveling from United States to Athens for 2 nights. Will be doing 10 day Carnival cruise getting off in Barcelona Spain for 1 night stay. Then taking train to Paris for 4 nights before flying home. Planning 1 day in Normandy and 1 day at Disneyland Paris. First trip to Europe so any help or advise is great. Disneyland Paris:

What is do not miss items?
What is best quick service?
What is best table service?
What is best travel to/from Paris? Issues?
Any advise for first time visit?
Language concerns?

Thanks, and any feedback is great.

PacNWTigger

The RER is the best way to get to/from DLP from Paris. It's about a 45 minute ride that goes by quickly since you're so excited to see new things. In actuality the RER is the best way to get around Paris proper too. We didn't mess around with taxis or UBER last year for our first trip. Just print up an RER map before your trip to help you plan.

peep

For help using the Paris Metro and RER the official ratp.fr website is extremely helpful. You should be able to find all the info you need for getting around on there.

Most ticket machines can be changed into the English language if the lines for sales desks are too long.

Best quick service?
Umm, the quality in Disneyland Paris tends to differ from time to time but most are fairly good. I quite like Toad Hall in Fantasyland. The kebab in Hakuna Matata was quite nice.

Best table service
Walts and Blue Lagoon. Both are quite pricey and it might be best to book prior to your visit. Although as you're only there for a single day I wouldn't recommend going to either as they take up a long time, the service is very relaxed.

Language concerns
Don't worry, most people can speak/understand at least basic English, or will point you in the direction of someone who can. It's usually helpful to start off with a little Parlez-vous anglais (Do you speak English?). That tends to ease any situation.

What not to miss
I take it you're used to the American Resorts? If so, just go for the unique attractions, Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ratatouille, Cinemagique, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Casey Jr and obviously the night show, Disney Dreams.

Make sure you check out what is closed during your visit to avoid any disappointment... - http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/closures-refurbishments/

If you need to drop your suitcases off at Disney there's a concierge to the right hand side before the gates into the park.

I can't think of any unique tips for Paris so if you have any questions just ask. :)

da1070

Original Poster
Thanks for the help we are reviewing the rides to narrows our choices for the have to's. Would like to do one table service just not a 3 hour meal, our time is to short.

Disney Dreams will not conflict with the RER?

Den Carter

The last RER train is just after midnight, so as long as park closing is 11pm or earlier you'll be fine getting back to Paris.

I'll echo the suggestions about both Blue Lagoon and Walt's being the best table service, followed by Bistrot Remy at WDS.

Blue Lagoon is inside POTC, and very cool. Walt's is 'An American Restaurant', but honestly feels more French. Remy's is just cool.

The Ratatouille ride is unique to DLP so is a no-brainer for you, I think. As is Crush's Coaster. You'll probably be familiar with ToT, and RnR has an inferior overlay to the WDW version, so you can probably skip those if you're stuck for time. And that's WDS done.

Over in Disneyland Park, Space Mountain is superior to either of the US versions. BTM is also superior, but I assume you'll be going before December, so it'll still be closed. Speaking of, the vast majority of Frontierland and a lot of Adventureland will be closed til the end of the year as part of the 25 year renewal plan. But no biggie as you only have the day to squeeze in a lot of walking!

Disneyland Park at DLP is the biggest MK-style park in the world in terms of space. It's also the most beautifully themed, so my best recommendation is to spend some time just walking and noticing the exquisite detail in terms of landscaping, building and quirks.

JillC LI

First trip help me please.

What is do not miss items?
What is best quick service?
What is best table service?
What is best travel to/from Paris? Issues?
Any advise for first time visit?
Language concerns?

Last summer we did our first trip to DLP from the US with our kids. In one day we did as much as possible in both parks. I agree with the poster above who suggested checking on closures because quite a few things were closed for refurbishment during our trip (including Space Mtn, the Carousel and Nautilus). That said, we had an amazing time. Do-not-misses for us included Ratatouille, Crush, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder and RnRC (both of which I thought were a bit more wild in Paris than in the US), Pirates, the Dragon's Lair below the castle, Alice's Labyrinth, Animagique and Indiana Jones coaster. We also hit a bunch of other attractions including Buzz, ToT, and Armageddon (very missable in our minds). We grabbed a lunch not worth mentioning and didn't waste any time at a sit-down. Everyone seemed to be enjoying these colorful swirled ice pops so we tried some and they were indeed delicious. I wanted to see Disney Dreams but we had a flight home early the next morning and were afraid of missing the last RER back to Paris so we left before that. The RER was very easy to navigate and I highly recommend it. There were no language issues at the parks as all the CMs were multi-lingual. It was quite impressive actually. We were there on a 100+ degree day and everyone was exhausted from the heat, but we were so happy to be there, we never stopped smiling.

RobUK

The Pirates ride in Paris is my favourite ride of any of the Disney parks. There is also a restaurant attached to it that you must eat in - you'll know team one when you get there.

The Wild Bill show is also worth booking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom