Pre-Trip First Trip as Parents May 2016

Hello all! I love reading trip reports and have been stalking the boards on and off for a while. Usually my WDW addiction comes and go depending on what is going on in my life because when I was pregnant and when my son was an infant, I didn't have much time or energy for stalking the boards. Mostly just planning the perfect Disney themed nursery was my top priority when I was pregnant and adjusting to motherhood when he was an infant. I am so happy to be back and planning our first trip as parents! Our son is currently 15 months old and will be 21 months when we visit the World in May. There will be a lot of firsts this trip and I am so overjoyed to be able to share this with our son.

Introductions:
Me - Cetta (I am sure other mom's understand the struggle of trying to find a picture of yourself without your kids in the pictures). I am originally from NJ but moved to Indiana when I was 18. I love it here but I really miss my aunts, uncles, and cousins back in NJ and of course the beach...oh and food! I miss good food!
IMG_2607[1].JPG

DS - I will have to find a clever name to call him. He enjoys playing with his Lego Duplos, throwing the ball around the house, and I cannot believe how much he loves watching football! (see the castle he is playing with, I purchased that used from a neighbor on Facebook and we first received it, it would only play two very short songs. Well now it plays three different songs and for a longer period of time. We are not crazy and did not imagine this...I promise! My son loves this toy and carries his Mickey around the house.)
IMG_2572[1].JPG
DH-Pookie (just kidding....my family in NJ call him that because I have a cousin that has the same name as him so they all call him Pookie and he hates it!). I think we will call him Goofy because that's his favorite out of the Fab 5. He has lived in Indiana his whole life and had never been to Disney World until I took him for the first time in 2009 when we were dating. We went again for our Disneymoon in 2012. Those two trips to WDW have been the only vacations we have done together that did not include visiting my family in NJ with my mom and step dad. So we pretty much only take vacations to Disney World!
IMG_2488[1].JPG
We originally booked our vacation for September 2016, but have since decided to move it up to the first week of May 2016 because the small company I work for has decided to do a profit sharing program and we will be using that to go to Disney :joyfull:

Since the 180 day mark is next week, I have been spending the last two days at work....not really working....but planning our vacation! I will get to the breakdown soon!

thanks for reading and I hope you decide to tag along the next 6 months as we prepare for our first trip as a family (too bad we can't bring our cat and two fish :hilarious:)

Cetta

Original Poster
We are going to be staying at Pop from May 1-May 6. We stayed at Pop for our Disneymoon and really enjoyed it. We would love to stay at the Poly but just can't afford it. We plan on driving from Indiana. Leave home in the morning on Saturday and staying somewhere overnight whenever we get tired. so we get to Pop around check-in on the 1st. I am making no plans for that night since I am not sure if what I am thinking now will really happen. So if we come in late, we won't be missing anything. I am also planning on leaving Friday so we get back to town on Saturday and have Sunday to rest before going back to work. I would much rather stay as long as we possibly can but I know DH will want a day to rest.

ADR's we are hoping for:
  • Breakfast at Crystal Palace
  • Dinner at Beaches and Cream
  • Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
  • Dinner at T-Rex (this is the only sit down restaurant that we have been to at both of our trips)
we are open to suggestions for another place to eat...I know everyone talks about BOG but I am worried that we wouldn't like the food and would be disappointed. Should we try it anyway? When do you suggest we go, Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

lostpro9het

we are open to suggestions for another place to eat...I know everyone talks about BOG but I am worried that we wouldn't like the food and would be disappointed. Should we try it anyway? When do you suggest we go, Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?
IMO, if there is a best time to hit up BOG it would be for dinner. You get reserved seating so you don't have to roam around like a nomad stalker waiting for people to leave their table like a mall food court. You also get Beast making his rounds at dinner with a photo op before you leave your dinner.

Also, I like 'Ohana over CP for breakfast but that's just my opinion of course. We have a DD that is a Stitch nut, of course there is Pluto and Mickey too!

ScarletBegonias

Ohh, I'm in! Our kids are pretty similar in age. My DD just turned 16 months and will be 23 months on our trip in April! I look forward to following along in your planning!!!

EmmieSue

I'll be following along! I'm heading down around the same time, May 3rd-May 11th, and we are staying at pop too. Trying to decide if I want to give doing a trip report a try for this trip since it didn't work out last time. xD

Breakfast at chef mickey's was my favorite place we ate last time and crystal palace is always a favorite as well, though haven't gotten to try breakfast there yet. That's for my November trip.

Cetta

Original Poster
IMO, if there is a best time to hit up BOG it would be for dinner.
My husband and I will be looking at the menu tonight so we can make sure there are something we would like. Thanks!

Ohh, I'm in! Our kids are pretty similar in age. My DD just turned 16 months and will be 23 months on our trip in April! I look forward to following along in your planning!!!
thanks for joining on my planning adventures!

lI'll be folowing along! I'm heading down around the same time, May 3rd-May 11th, and we are staying at pop too. Trying to decide if I want to give doing a trip report a try for this trip since it didn't work out last time. xD
Breakfast at chef mickey's was my favorite place we ate last time and crystal palace is always a favorite as well, though haven't gotten to try breakfast there yet. That's for my November trip.
Maybe we will run into each other while we are enjoying our short time in the Disney bubble! I have never been to CP (or at least that I can remember) and I am going to try to get ADR for before the park opens so we can experience MK without crowds. The only part of the trip I took when I was in high school was going to Chef Mickey's and meeting the characters with my cousins. Then when I planned the first trip with my now DH, it was the first place I thought of taking him for his first Disney experience. He still talks about how much fun he had meeting Goofy haha
aaron & goofy.jpg

Cetta

Original Poster
Yesterday DS had his first interaction with a character! It might not have been a Disney character but they are kind of hard to find in central Indiana. We spent the day at the Indianapolis Children's Museum because they have a TMNT exhibit with a meet and greet! we saw the show from the front row and DS had his mouth open in amazement the whole time! No crying or fussing or anything! I was so happy that I almost started crying! I was pretty much thinking about how amazing it is to be able to give my son these little extra special things and how this is a good sign for when we visit WDW and meet characters! He is going to be Leo for Halloween this year. We were originally going to him be Yoda but we decided to let him pick his own costume and he picked Leo.
IMG_2710[1].JPG

One of our nephews is 8 years old and loves all things Disney, he originally wanted to be Yoda for Halloween but changed his mind to Donald Duck. His parents are going through a very nasty divorce (father won't stay current with child support and mother went from being a SAHM to a minimum wage job) and I really wish I could afford to send them to WDW (I am saying send because there is no way I could handle spending a whole week with those two boys haha). They deserve a little magic in their lives but we just can't afford to give it to them. We watch them every Wednesday night while their mom goes to a divorce talk group and we spend the whole time talking about Disney. It's amazing how much he knows! So we have decided to not tell anyone on my DH's side of the family about our trip to Disney because we don't want to upset anyone. If we hit the lottery, we will take them all! haha

Cetta

Original Poster
Monday 5/2: MK in the morning and DHS in the evening. Aiming for ADR's at Crystal Palace for breakfast and hoping for around 8-8:30am
Tuesday 5/3: AK in the morning and Epcot in the evening. Beaches & Cream for dinner, hoping for around 5pm. We have never been to any of the resorts in that area and I am hoping to have some time to explore the Boardwalk area!
Wednesday 5/4: I am planning a morning at the resort so we have some time to rest and enjoy the pool! DH is not much of a swimmer but DS loves it so I want to make sure he gets some time in the pool. We have never planned a "rest day" while we were at Disney before, but I figured with DS this time we might need one. Hoping to get a ADR at T-Rex around lunch time and then hit up MK in the evening since EMH are until midnight.
Thursday 5/5: our last day at the parks. Start at Epcot and end at Magic Kingdom. If DH decides he likes BOG menu then I will try to get ADR's for dinner there.
Friday 5/6: I plan on getting ADR's at Chef Mickey's for breakfast, so we can say goodbye to the main guys. I am thinking we get as much packed in the truck the night before so we can just check out and head to the Contemporary for breakfast. We have about a 14.5 hour drive according to MapQuest so I think getting our bellies full before we head out is a good idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom