First Timers MK Restaurant picks

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
If they are in their 30s Beauty and the Beast was probably a staple movie of their childhood, so Be Our Guest would be quite the magical experience walking into the movie that way. The theming is done so well there! While it's not an "every trip" type restaurant for me, I think it definitely has the "wow factor" for first time guests!

tpoly88

We are taking our relatives on a trip for their very first time- they are in their 30s. They are ridiculously excited as they have always wanted to go and never had the means to do so. I am trying to give them the most magical experience possible so I have been trying to book reservations and do things I normally wouldn't (because I have been so many times I skip a lot and just do what I want and tend to choose the same things all the time). I am struggling picking a dinner restaurant in Magic Kingdom. I remember when I was younger absolutely loving Tony's Town Square so I was thinking that would be good. However, I have actually never been to Be Our Guest and that looks magical and fun as well. Was toying with the idea of Crystal Palace as well... Anyone have any input on what you think the most magical and DISNEY dinner experience would be for some first timers? TIA!!

Just for Reference, here are my choices so far:
Day 1: Lunch-Flame Tree BBQ/Dinner- Food & Wine Fest
Day 2: Dinner-Prime Time Cafe
Day 3: Breakfast-Chef Mickeys/Dinner-Raglan Road(Or Hoop De doo?!)
Day 4: Dinner-Tonys?BOG?Crystal Palace?
Day 5: Breakfast-Boma
i did not see where you were staying. As a person happiest at the diner table there are some places to eat and rest a bit that are good. i like your choices, not sure what you want to spend so ill go middle of the road. AK, Yak and Yeti is another place too, but its not BBQ. Tusker house is another there.
HS- prime time is great and i also love the Brown Derby, Sci fi not bad but hard to get in to.
Breakfast you can go pretty much anywhere and the monorail hotels have some good ones before you head to the park but they fill up. Kona cafe is closed for refurb but that was a place id go. Dinner in MK, i hate to leave and come back. Tony's is fine, BOG is a good experience and the food is well above tonys. Liberty tree is fun buts its thanksgiving dinner bascially family style. Cinderellas table not worth it anymore.
Love Boma and next door is Jiko probably my favorite resturant on disney property
i would tell you at the food and wine festival, it is nice to sit down, get out of the heat for bit and Chefs de France is the place to go. good service, fast and plenty of good options. Enjoy your trip, nice thing that you are doing!!

sullyinMT

Just another "no" vote for Tony's. Not because it's as bad as is en vogue to portray here - it's not. And sharing memories of the space with your relatives while you eat could improve it from acceptable to memorable for them. But there are better options for a first timer. Skipper's is a good choice if none of you are "fussy."

If, however, you chose Tony's for your memories AND it's on Main Street, don't rule out the Plaza. It's a solid menu with consistent service. Plus, the location and views from a window table are wonderful!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Animal Kingdom: I REALLY like Yak and Yeti (especially when you ask for a seat on the second floor), though if you want a quick serve, Flame Tree or Satu'li are solid options; Nomad Lounge is another good option if you want to keep it light and just do snacks and drinks to hold you over to a larger meal elsewhere

Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree or Skippers are solid choices; I like Liberty Tree just because the food feels so much like "home" and just the fact that you can go there and sit down, order some drinks and then the food just starts arriving without you even needing to think about it is nice; however, BoG is a great option for first timers, like others have said, it's not something I do every trip, but it does have that "wow" factor that is neat to see with first time visitors, CRT is the same way, but unless you are sat by the window, it's just not the same (especially for older guests... plus, it's pretty expensive for what it is).

Hollywood Studios: Prime Time is a great option... the waitresses don't get quite as into it as they used to, but again, it's that "home style" food that feels really nice on vacation, plus it's still fun. Sci-Fi Drive is fun too, I'm just not as wild about the food there.

Epcot: Can't really go wrong with most of the choices there...

Hoop Dee Doo is a 100% MUST for me (on EVERY trip.. first timers or not).

JusticeDisney

Out of what you are considering for MK dinner, I would definitely go with BOG. I mean, the food is fine (nothing spectacular), but the overall atmosphere and experience is very fun. We’ve had a great time whenever we’ve gone there. If you do end up going, I highly recommend you try to dine in the room with the rose.

JusticeDisney

I also wanted to weigh in on Skipper’s. Like I said above re BOG, Skippers is a cool atmosphere and a really fun experience. As for the food itself, however, HARD pass. We recently ate there and the fish was literally inedible. The quality of food at BOG and Liberty Tree are far superior, IMHO.

tpoly88

I also wanted to weigh in on Skipper’s. Like I said above re BOG, Skippers is a cool atmosphere and a really fun experience. As for the food itself, however, HARD pass. We recently ate there and the fish was literally inedible. The quality of food at BOG and Liberty Tree are far superior, IMHO.
im going to have to go to Skippers, its the one place ive not gone but all of you have given it a thumbs up so how could i not trust that!

thomas998

Frankly I would do Crystal Palace before BOG or Tony's Tony's isn't what I would call good.. BOG for dinner is complete crap served in an extremely loud dinning room. Crystal Palace will normally have some foods that are quite good and some that are so so... but hte atmosphere is quieter and more relaxed than at BOG.

JohnD

Frankly I would do Crystal Palace before BOG or Tony's Tony's isn't what I would call good.. BOG for dinner is complete crap served in an extremely loud dinning room. Crystal Palace will normally have some foods that are quite good and some that are so so... but hte atmosphere is quieter and more relaxed than at BOG.
Plus it's a Character Dinner. Who doesn't like Winnie the Pooh and friends? Just remember, it costs more because of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom