First time UNI/Royal Pacific questions..

awoogala

Original Poster
We are staying at Royal Pacific. Will be at Wizarding World, bright and early at 8 am, to take advantage of early entry.Our questions pertain to breakfast options:
1. Are there refrigerators in the room? Looking at list of amenities, I don't see it!
2. I see breakfest buffet and Islands dining.. but no "quick-service" counter.
We usually bring some bagels and breakfast bars and eat breakfast in our room. I hate wasting time at a restaurant in the morning (especially when the restaurant only opens one hour before the early entry!) If there is no fridge and no qs.. anywhere in WWOHP to grab a super quick bite?
Otherwise, I guess granola bars for 2 days for us!;)

Glasgow

1) There are fridges but they are an extra cost .. A little disappointing. They are locked behind a cabinet in the dresser.
2) We brought quick breakfast foods as well since there aren't a lot of quick service places. You can eat at the resort at Orchard Court, at Cinnabon in city walk or our favorite within IOA, Croissant Moon .. It's on your right as you walk down the main entrance and then go left or right into the park. We didn't see any other quick places to grab b'fast as you walk towards Hogsmeade. There is one other option tho .. there are carts as you approach Hogwarts which have fruit and warm croissants, which we got one morning. Quick and relatively cheap, not too bad.

JillC LI

Royal Pacific has a wonderful breakfast bar in the lobby that's grab and go. I grab a croissant, some fruit and milk before heading to the parks each day when I stay there.

^^^^^This. It is the perfect quick-service spot for breakfast, and they even have hard-boiled eggs if you like protein for breakfast. If you plan to go to early opening at IoA for the WWOHP, you won't be able to grab a bite on City Walk because those places will not be open on time. But the quick-servce place in the lobby of RPR opened about 7am.

Oh, and as for fridges, we never asked for one but there was one in our standard room, no extra charge. I gather from other posts that that is not a guarantee though.

awoogala

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone! Good to know there is a breakfast bar! How early does one have to be to grab a boat to wwohp for early opening? Like 30 minutes?

Furiated

Thanks, everyone! Good to know there is a breakfast bar! How early does one have to be to grab a boat to wwohp for early opening? Like 30 minutes?

You can definitely walk from RPR, we always stay there and walk it most of the time (only used the boats once)

We also like Three Broomsticks for breakfast. Our usual plan was to hit early entry at WWoHP and do FJ first, Dragon Challenge, then go hit Three Broomsticks for breakfast.

awoogala

Original Poster
You can definitely walk from RPR, we always stay there and walk it most of the time (only used the boats once)

We also like Three Broomsticks for breakfast. Our usual plan was to hit early entry at WWoHP and do FJ first, Dragon Challenge, then go hit Three Broomsticks for breakfast.
That might work- we're planning on Ollivander's, then FJ. (the kids have to do Ollivanders, and I heard that backs up badly, too)

Hot Lava

Yes, the walk is very quick. Unless there is some other reason you need to do so, I would just walk from RP.

JillC LI

As others have said, you can walk. We actually did take the boat at 7:30am and stood around for 20 minutes when we got to IoA's gates. We didn't mind though. We were the first ones through the gate and headed straight for Ollivanders. We were the first ones in there too, and DD got chosen to be part of the show. It's a very cute show, but beware because once a wand chooses your child, good luck to you NOT buying that wand! LOL. From there it was straight to FJ where once again there was no wait at all.

awoogala

Original Poster
As others have said, you can walk. We actually did take the boat at 7:30am and stood around for 20 minutes when we got to IoA's gates. We didn't mind though. We were the first ones through the gate and headed straight for Ollivanders. We were the first ones in there too, and DD got chosen to be part of the show. It's a very cute show, but beware because once a wand chooses your child, good luck to you NOT buying that wand! LOL. From there it was straight to FJ where once again there was no wait at all.
Just how expensive are those wands??? o_O

BuddyThomas

^^^^^This. It is the perfect quick-service spot for breakfast, and they even have hard-boiled eggs if you like protein for breakfast. If you plan to go to early opening at IoA for the WWOHP, you won't be able to grab a bite on City Walk because those places will not be open on time. But the quick-servce place in the lobby of RPR opened about 7am.

Oh, and as for fridges, we never asked for one but there was one in our standard room, no extra charge. I gather from other posts that that is not a guarantee though.
We also had a fridge in our room. It was free and we did not request it. This was in September.

awoogala

Original Poster
awesome. Thanks again. I have to say, the biggest plus of this trip is how easy I feel planning Uni has been. I made one reservation for mythos. Other than that, I just feel ok going with the flow. Have not felt that in Disney since..the 80's!

BuddyThomas

awesome. Thanks again. I have to say, the biggest plus of this trip is how easy I feel planning Uni has been. I made one reservation for mythos. Other than that, I just feel ok going with the flow. Have not felt that in Disney since..the 80's!
And wait until you see how much cheaper the Universal sit down restaurants are compared to the highway robbery taking place over in Mickey's domain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom