First time planning to disney world need some basic info

queequeeg78

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I and her nephew were thinking about going to disney world in 2022, I was thinking maybe in Sept. I thought it be best to start at the beginning and find out as much as I can. First I wanted to know; which is best to book my vacation through a authorized disney planner or through disney's site. Secondly I read that September is a good time to go to avoid crowds and high hotel prices, is this true? And also is the weather going to make my trip unbearable? I live in California and our heat can be bad but I know Florida weather is much more intense so is this a bad time to go?

I hope to find any help I can, I would like to start planning our first trip there asap and make it a good and fun experience not a bad one.

Thank you

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I and her nephew were thinking about going to disney world in 2022, I was thinking maybe in Sept. I thought it be best to start at the beginning and find out as much as I can. First I wanted to know; which is best to book my vacation through a authorized disney planner or through disney's site. Secondly I read that September is a good time to go to avoid crowds and high hotel prices, is this true? And also is the weather going to make my trip unbearable? I live in California and our heat can be bad but I know Florida weather is much more intense so is this a bad time to go?

I hope to find any help I can, I would like to start planning our first trip there asap and make it a good and fun experience not a bad one.

Thank you

I have always booked everything myself, but since you are a first timer you may want to work with a Disney travel agent. It don't know if it's the case with all of them, but there are ones that do not charge anything extra, and they may find discounts that you might miss. The Disney planning books can be helpful, but I imagine they will not be the best resource this year into next since thing will be constantly changing.

Mid September is my favorite time to go. Disney has done a pretty good job leveling out crowds throughout the year, but relatively speaking, September crowds are little lighter. Weather can be decent in September but If you really want cooler weather you might want to wait a little later then September.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Hello everyone,

Thank you
I would definitely think about using someone that is proficient in Disney travel especially since it's your first time. September is a nice time to do. Kids are back in school but it is still very hot/humid.

Feel free to reach out to me if you want. My agency sponsors WDWMagic and I am the owner. We will take good care of you. pam@kingdomkonsultant.com

Pam

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The good thing is that you have the benefit of some time to get to know about the parks, the resorts, and how to manage a Disney trip. As others have mentioned, as a first timer you will benefit by having a Disney TA backing you and helping set details up, as well as reading through the guide books. Getting on this site and pouring over experienced peoples posts will also keep you advised of changes, updates and tips that will help you immensley. Theres a world of difference in a trip taken by someone thats well prepared as opposed to someone who is not. Save as much as you can from now on to help give you the trip you would like and try saving more any place you can. Setting up a realistic and firm budget and goal should be one of your first priorities. Start discussing now the plans of what you and the others want to see and do. Its never too early to kind of set up the way you want the trip to flow. Look at the trip reports others have posted to see the things they did that you might want to do as well and also things to avoid. Go on you tube and watch ride throughs and bloggers reviews that can also be very informative.

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

I also second getting the Unofficial Guide to WDW. I used it for our first trip (without a TA) and it helped immensely.
However, for all our other trips I use a Disney Travel Agent. They know the "ins and outs" of everything disney. I always learn something new even though we have been many times. Ours makes our plane reservations, resort reservations, tickets, and anything else we might want or need while at disney. It is a comfort to have someone who knows what they are doing to set things up for you. We make all our own park ADR's. I think for a first time visit, you would really profit from using a tA and getting the guide book, which has alot of information and testimonies. Plus it's just fun to sit and read about everything and dream;)

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Personally I'd book on the Disney website.

September can bring room/package discounts and as long as you're going after Labor Day it can be a pretty good time crowd wise.

Expect hot, humid, and the potential for rain/hurricanes. Sept 8-15 is I believe PEAK hurricane week out of the entire hurricane season.

I've been to DLR during heat waves of 100+ and I've been to WDW with temps in the 90's feeling like 105+ and I faired much better in WDW because many lines/attractions are in shade/inside air conditioned buildings where as at DLR many lines were in blazing sun and walking indoors did not feel refreshing.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Personally I'd book on the Disney website.

September can bring room/package discounts and as long as you're going after Labor Day it can be a pretty good time crowd wise.

Expect hot, humid, and the potential for rain/hurricanes. Sept 8-15 is I believe PEAK hurricane week out of the entire hurricane season.

I've been to DLR during heat waves of 100+ and I've been to WDW with temps in the 90's feeling like 105+ and I faired much better in WDW because many lines/attractions are in shade/inside air conditioned buildings where as at DLR many lines were in blazing sun and walking indoors did not feel refreshing.
If using @Kingdom Konsultant they won't have to keep an eye out for discounts as they are always on top of them

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Maybe for doing extra things, but I stand by my statement that travel agents shouldn't charge for basic booking services as they get commissions.
Agencies have very good reasons for charging fees. If you worked in the industry for as long as I have you would understand their reasoning.

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
if you book through an agent can you still make payments like you can on Disney’s website or does the balance have to be paid in full at time of booking
If you book with an agent, the payments are made through the agent since they technically"own" the reservation. Our agency allows you to make payments so you are not shelling out a big lump sum

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
It was mentioned above, but I definitely second - get @Kingdom Konsultant to help you book your first trip and READ THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE cover to cover. Maybe even twice. I've been over 30 times in my life and I still read it every couple years!
I actually like the Official Guide since it gets right to the point without a lot of opinions lol I have been collecting them since 1984!

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom