First time @ Epcot

freesvoice

I can't imagine how many threads exist on this subject alone but I have a few specific questions if you folks don't mind.

1) I commonly see people refer to Epcot as their favorite park. As an adult who has never been, will I understand it's greatness or will it come across as... dated? What should I ride first to get Epcot appeal?

2) lands and sea - two separate parts of the park? Are there attractions within them? Are they worth riding/touring?

3) if we stopped at every country in the world showcase for either a drink or snack, but kept moving in between, how long would it take?

4) is FP worth it for illuminations? Considering a reservation for Rose & Crown but seems view is not guaranteed.

5) what attractions and countries are okay to skip in your opinion?

beachlover4444

it all depends how old you are, what rides you like, fast or slow and how long you gaze at things. you can take all day looking at flowers and have fun, the topiaries are amazing. if you like the "thrill" rides, hit test track and Soarin first. Frozen in Norway gets long lines because they finally have a good ride there for kids to also enjoy. the new mission space is good, even the tamed down version. But those are the big 4 rides everyone runs to. With Ellen universe of energy down all that is left is the stuff in the land and living seas and Figment. Those 3 are nice but not what I consider must see, but its your first visit. Do everything you can. This park is easily done in 1 day. Dont waste a fastpass on the night show, there is great viewing all around the lake. Fastpass Soarin or Test Track for sure. We were there a few weeks ago and wound up not using any of our fastpasses except frozen because the lines were so short already. Use the app and look at the wait times for the rides that is so helpful.

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Original Poster
it all depends how old you are, what rides you like, fast or slow and how long you gaze at things. you can take all day looking at flowers and have fun, the topiaries are amazing. if you like the "thrill" rides, hit test track and Soarin first. Frozen in Norway gets long lines because they finally have a good ride there for kids to also enjoy. the new mission space is good, even the tamed down version. But those are the big 4 rides everyone runs to. With Ellen universe of energy down all that is left is the stuff in the land and living seas and Figment. Those 3 are nice but not what I consider must see, but its your first visit. Do everything you can. This park is easily done in 1 day. Dont waste a fastpass on the night show, there is great viewing all around the lake. Fastpass Soarin or Test Track for sure. We were there a few weeks ago and wound up not using any of our fastpasses except frozen because the lines were so short already. Use the app and look at the wait times for the rides that is so helpful.
Thanks this is already a big help. We like all rides and are open to exploring as much as there is worth exploring. For sure going to hit the rides you mentioned. Personal opinions and experiences welcome!

Upvote 0

beachlover4444

Thanks this is already a big help. We like all rides and are open to exploring as much as there is worth exploring. For sure going to hit the rides you mentioned. Personal opinions and experiences welcome!
I always like Epcot because it's the day you dont have to rush to do everything. It's laid back. Do the wine flight if you like wines. We always do it and especially like Italy, France and Germany. There are lots of princesses to see as well, almost every country has one. With the grandkids we saw them all. Jasmine is a little hidden back there but we were happy to find her. For food, love Germany, the music and buffet are so worth it. Have done the dining with princesses in Norway, food was not my favorite but if you have a 3 year old granddaughter like we did it was worth it to see her with those princesses.

Upvote 0

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I can't imagine how many threads exist on this subject alone but I have a few specific questions if you folks don't mind.

1) I commonly see people refer to Epcot as their favorite park. As an adult who has never been, will I understand it's greatness or will it come across as... dated? What should I ride first to get Epcot appeal?

2) lands and sea - two separate parts of the park? Are there attractions within them? Are they worth riding/touring?

3) if we stopped at every country in the world showcase for either a drink or snack, but kept moving in between, how long would it take?

4) is FP worth it for illuminations? Considering a reservation for Rose & Crown but seems view is not guaranteed.

1. I would ride Space Ship Earth first, it is classic Epcot.

2. Land and Seas are right next to each other in the front of the park. Seas has a short Omni-mover ride themed to Finding Nemo, it's not great but it's still worth doing. The land has the Living with the Land boat ride and Soarin, both of which I would say are must do's for you.

3. If you figure 15 minutes per pavilion for a drink/snack then you are looking at about 2 to 3 hours.

4. I would say no. I did it once, but if you don't get to the FastPass area early is still doesn't guarantee you a great view. There are plenty of places around World Showcase to get good views. Just find a spot along the lagoon where there aren't any trees to block your view of the sky.

5. That's really going to your personal preference. Every pavilion has something to offer and everyone has their favorites. There really isn't a good reason to "skip" any country, worst case just take 5 minutes to walk through and see if anything interests you.

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Original Poster
I always like Epcot because it's the day you dont have to rush to do everything. It's laid back. Do the wine flight if you like wines. We always do it and especially like Italy, France and Germany. There are lots of princesses to see as well, almost every country has one. With the grandkids we saw them all. Jasmine is a little hidden back there but we were happy to find her. For food, love Germany, the music and buffet are so worth it. Have done the dining with princesses in Norway, food was not my favorite but if you have a 3 year old granddaughter like we did it was worth it to see her with those princesses.
I've been so focused on tequila tasting that I was completely unaware of wine flights!

My son loves the princesses and will enjoy that. Just hope he doesn't try to kiss them haha.

Think we will skip character dining at Epcot in lieu of other park options.

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Original Poster
1. I would ride Space Ship Earth first, it is classic Epcot.

2. Land and Seas are right next to each other in the front of the park. Seas has a short Omni-mover ride themed to Finding Nemo, it's not great but it's still worth doing. The land has the Living with the Land boat ride and Soarin, both of which I would say are must do's for you.

3. If you figure 15 minutes per pavilion for a drink/snack then you are looking at about 2 to 3 hours.

4. I would say no. I did it once, but if you don't get to the FastPass area early is still doesn't guarantee you a great view. There are plenty of places around World Showcase to get good views. Just find a spot along the lagoon where there aren't any trees to block your view of the sky.

5. That's really going to your personal preference. Every pavilion has something to offer and everyone has their favorites. There really isn't a good reason to "skip" any country, worst case just take 5 minutes to walk through and see if anything interests you.
Cool this gives me a good idea how to organize the day. We are a group of 7 and everyone is trusting me to put together a good plan so just trying to get all the info I can.

Attractions heavy in the AM and World showcase in the evening/night is the plan. Hitting everything we can is the goal and it seems like it can be done.

Thanks for your time & insight!

Upvote 0

Herdman

I would suggest dinner at Teppan Edo in Japan. Hibachi style cooking at the table where the show comes with the meal. Might be something the whole family would enjoy. While I agree Spaceship Earth is classic Epcot, it is also a continuous moving ride so it won't have a super long wait no matter the time of the day. I recommend FP+ for either Test Track or Soarin and ride the other one first. You might have a little extra walking in Future World but probably less waiting in line. Have fun!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I dont think any ride really gives you an Epcot appeal. Many guests jump on Spaceship Earth because its there when you enter the park.
Soarin is very popular and Frozen is the prime targeted ride at the moment. Dont miss the show at the American pavilion.

EP is different from the other parks because it is really 2 distinct parks put together as one. Over the years Ive become more drawn to it than ever before. Each pavilion is unique and gives you a small peek at what the specific country has to offer and its history. The CM's are fascinating to converse with. They are willing to take the time to share a lot about their homelands and their experiences in coming to the USA and working for Disney. I'd recommend you really take a lot of time in each area and appreciate the architecture and displays that are found throughout the pavilions. You can get a variety of tastes in snacks, foods, drinks and merchandise that cant be found in the other parks. I wouldnt skip any of the countries. The restaurants and menu items are the best on property, although DS is now giving them some competition. Save room for pastries at Les Halles in France.

Illuminations is my favorite fireworks display. The narration and program that goes along with it is fantastic. Rose & Crown wouldnt be my first choice of dining but it can give you a decent view of the show.

It is a park that is very guest friendly and you can leisurely stroll around the paths encountering a lot of pleasant atmosphere and entertainment. You can also access the Boardwalk from the international gateway for more of a look at the area.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We always ride Spaceship Earth first thing as later there is usually a long line. Then we roam around the Future World area (usually the left side) until about 11:00 when World Showcase totally opens and then roam in and around the countries. We spend more time in some, then others. Japan is our favorite. It’s usually dinner time when we have completed the World Showcase. Then we visit Mouse Gear to do any shopping. If we’re tired we might head out, if not we’ll do the right side of Future World and stay for Illuminations.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I love World Showcase and usually spend 2 afternoons there. Mexico, Morocco, Japan and France are my favourites to browse, Canada and the UK to sit and relax for a while. Germany and Italy to people watch. Heck I like all of it :D

FW is a case of what might have been, or rather what has been. The centre area is dominated by Innoventions East and West - which are essentially empty now. It's sad, it's just shops, Club cool and a lovely fountain. Everything to do is around the periphery and my favourite areas are Spaceship Earth and The Land. The Seas is fine but it's an acquarium, so if you've seen a multi floor acquarium elsewhere it's not that special IMO. TT and Mission Space are on the other side, and you should include them if they appeal. MS green is very mild so even if speed &/or motion sickness are issues for anyone, it is do-able.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If you want a good viewing spot for Illuminations using a dining reservation, try Spice Roads Table. Othetwise, anywhere from Italy to the bridge from France to England are good spots.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If you want a good viewing spot for Illuminations using a dining reservation, try Spice Roads Table. Othetwise, anywhere from Italy to the bridge from France to England are good spots.

Anywhere is good, as long as it's not down wind. That bridge is always packed, so I tend to avoid it now and move round a bit, either direction, if I'm near the IG. I have always tended to stay on the Canada, UK side of the lake, but with no real reasoning behind it.

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I have our whole day pretty much laid out thanks to your expertise. Won't be skipping any countries, will do Spaceship Earth first and FP Soarin, Frozen and Test Track. Also plan to hit Mission Space, Living with the land, Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour. Illuminations at Night no FP unless we have one to waste.

Not gonna lie though, the two things I am most excited about are tequila tasting at La Cava del Tequila in Mexico and the croque glaces in France :hungry:

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks everyone. I have our whole day pretty much laid out thanks to your expertise. Won't be skipping any countries, will do Spaceship Earth first and FP Soarin, Frozen and Test Track. Also plan to hit Mission Space, Living with the land, Nemo and Gran Fiesta Tour. Illuminations at Night no FP unless we have one to waste.

Not gonna lie though, the two things I am most excited about are tequila tasting at La Cava del Tequila in Mexico and the croque glaces in France :hungry:
Soarin’, Frozen Ever After and Test Track are all Tier 1 attractions.....meaning you can get a FP for one of them in your initial three selections.

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Original Poster
Soarin’, Frozen Ever After and Test Track are all Tier 1 attractions.....meaning you can get a FP for one of them in your initial three selections.
Would have learned this the hard way 60 days out haha. Okay Soarin first then two others, then Frozen (for my 4 year old) and two others. Hopefully we can squeeze in test track at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Would have learned this the hard way 60 days out haha. Okay Soarin first then two others, then Frozen (for my 4 year old) and two others. Hopefully we can squeeze in test track at the end of the day.
It is highly unlikely there will be FP availability for Frozen after you have used your initial three FPs. Once you use your first three, subsequent FPs can be booked one at a time; You need to use your 4th FP before booking a 5th, etc.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Right at your 60 days out at 7:00am, try to get a Frozen Fastpass, otherwise they will be gone in a hurry. You have a chance of getting a Soarin/test track Fastpass the day you're there after you've used up your three fastpasses by hopefully early afternoon.
If you get the Frozen fastpasses, make another for Spaceship Earth, a third choice either character spot, mission space or Nemo. So I would rope drop either test track or Soarin so that puts you into a position of trying to get a Fastpass for either of those two later on in the day that you're there, after you've used up the three fastpasses.

Upvote 0

freesvoice

Original Poster
Right at your 60 days out at 7:00am, try to get a Frozen Fastpass, otherwise they will be gone in a hurry. You have a chance of getting a Soarin/test track Fastpass the day you're there after you've used up your three fastpasses by hopefully early afternoon.
If you get the Frozen fastpasses, make another for Spaceship Earth, a third choice either character spot, mission space or Nemo. So I would rope drop either test track or Soarin so that puts you into a position of trying to get a Fastpass for either of those two later on in the day that you're there, after you've used up the three fastpasses.
Thanks I actually did know about 3 FP then one at a time just lost my mind when I typed it out.

Didn't know frozen was in the top demand so will heed that advice. The thing is trying to figure out what my son is tall enough to ride then planning accordingly. Thanks for the ride order this will play a part :)

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

One of the best values in Epcot is in Japan. They open the clams in front of you and guarantee a pearl. It is $15 for each. We got all four of our grand daughters a pearl plus one for my daughter in law-my daughter and wife. These pearls were special to all the girls.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom