First time at Yacht Club!

Dianak28

Original Poster
Hi all!! Soooo I am Polynesian obsessed, have been staying there since I was 9 months old and will only ever stay there. Poly is home to me and Disney just wouldn't be Disney without staying there. However, my brother and I just booked a last minute trip to Yacht Club in September! As sad as I am to not be staying at Poly I am super excited to try something new. The reason and deciding factor to stay here was proximity to Food & Wine!

I would appreciate any tips or recommendations for things to hit while at Yacht Club! We have a reservation for Yachtsman Steakhouse. What are the best places here for quick food, shopping, just other cool things to do/see?

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yacht Club is my favorite resort! Their pool is by far my favorite too, I’ve never had an issue finding a lounge chair. Beaches and Cream will be closed at the end of August but you can get great ice cream on the boardwalk too. My favorite thing to do at night is walk into Epcot at night and get gelato from the France pavilion. I’d take the friendship boat to HS as it can be a long walk but Epcot is less than 10 minutes through the gates. Depending on your view you may even be able to see the fireworks from Illuminations. If you enjoy relaxing at the hotel, the Ale and Compass lounge is pretty nice. The parkerhouse rolls are the BEST!

zurgandfriend

We stayed at Yacht club for the first time last fall and loved it. Up until then we always stayed at one of the magic kingdom resorts. We loved the pool, the yachts men steakhouse and the breakfast buffet at the ale & compass. My wife and I also enjoyed an ice cream cone at beaches and cream. I got to really explore the World Showcase that trip as we were so close. Have a great trip and enjoy.

Last edited:

DISR

If you have time for a relaxed morning (you aren't rope dropping and hoofing it to a ride), then go to EPCOT France for breakfast. The food is good and it is a rare opportunity to enjoy part of the World Showcase with minimal crowds.

Dianak28

Original Poster
If you have time for a relaxed morning (you aren't rope dropping and hoofing it to a ride), then go to EPCOT France for breakfast. The food is good and it is a rare opportunity to enjoy part of the World Showcase with minimal crowds.
That sounds great! I have always wanted to do this but it never made sense to get to Epcot that early from a MK resort. Thanks!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We thoroughly enjoyed a meal from the Marketplace in the YC... some don't like it, but we found the food good and the CMs even better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom