First Time AK Villas

forevermickey

Original Poster
I posted a thread a few months back ..and got some great info from a great AKL fan. I am leaving in 7 days to stay at AKL Villas in Jumbo House. We are staying in a standard view studio. I read somewhere that it is better to stay on the Ostrich Trail wing instead of Giraffe because of noise level... and a pool view seemed to be very noisy when I watched a tour on You Tube...Can anyone give me their view point on these points and or other info that is helpful for a stay there? Thank you! :)

rufio

I posted a thread a few months back ..and got some great info from a great AKL fan. I am leaving in 7 days to stay at AKL Villas in Jumbo House. We are staying in a standard view studio. I read somewhere that it is better to stay on the Ostrich Trail wing instead of Giraffe because of noise level... and a pool view seemed to be very noisy when I watched a tour on You Tube...Can anyone give me their view point on these points and or other info that is helpful for a stay there? Thank you! :)

I can't speak for the rooms at Jambo House, since we stayed at Kidani Village, but I will say that you will not be disappointed! Animal Kingdom Lodge is a wonderful place to stay!

forevermickey

Original Poster
I assume you are staying in a standard view room.

The Giraffe Trail wing overlooks the theme park bus stops.

The Ostrich Trail wing overlooks the handicap parking lot.
Yes, standard view Studio.. so regardless of either wing, giraffe or ostrich.. all we will see is a parking lot?:(

dreamfinder

The pool can be loud, but the sliding doors do a wonderful job of helping to block alot of the noise. The biggest issue we have found would be during the mid afternoon pool games.

But yes, standard view means pool or parking lot.

Simba's Mom

Some of the standard villas are savannah view. Officially they're "limited", but last year I had a savannah view one trip, then a standard view on the next trip, and I thought that the standard view had just as nice a view of the savannah. And it was just down the hall from my "savannah view" room. Only bad part was that it was further from the lobby than pool view rooms. I didn't know DVC had parking lot views in the standard view. I thought parking lot was only in value.

dreamfinder

Some of the standard villas are savannah view. Officially they're "limited", but last year I had a savannah view one trip, then a standard view on the next trip, and I thought that the standard view had just as nice a view of the savannah. And it was just down the hall from my "savannah view" room. Only bad part was that it was further from the lobby than pool view rooms. I didn't know DVC had parking lot views in the standard view. I thought parking lot was only in value.

Value rooms have nothing to do with the view. Value rooms are simply smaller due to the hotel rooms they converted into DVC units. Standard view rooms are basically anything that doesn't have a good view of a savannah. It may be parking lot, it may be pool, may be restaurant roof, or it may be savannah, but perhaps savannah that has an enclosure or something similar in it.

And most of the standard rooms at Kidani are pool or parking lot/entryway, just from the nature of how that one was designed.

Last edited:

ncstate7991

Value rooms have nothing to do with the view. Value rooms are simply smaller due to the hotel rooms they converted into DVC units. Standard view rooms are basically anything that doesn't have a good view of a savannah. It may be parking lot, it may be pool, may be restaurant roof, or it may be savannah, but perhaps savannah that has an enclosure or something similar in it.

And most of the standard rooms at Kidani are pool or parking lot/entryway, just from the nature of how that one was designed.

I can confirm that some Standard view rooms at Jambo have a savannah view. We had one in Dec 2011. Our room was over a blocked off section of the savannah. Almost looked like an area to prep food for the animals or do check-ups etc. it was probably the first 20 feet, but after that was Savannah. We felt Very fortunate and had a great time. Enjoy!

Brice

I want to say congrats to you for living in AKL. I am also a big fan of AKL and want to go there for vacations but sad to say it is too difficult due to job. Hope to go there soon.

Bparso87

AKL is great my favorite resort. Noise could be worse u can be at a Allstate resort. It is a very laid back resort. Have fun and enjoy. Plus the smell at the resort will live with u forever.

journ116

Not so much info about the room (because you've already received great information), but about the resort itself.

Busses: This is the biggest complaint about this gorgeous resort, and I've had several first-hand experiences because it's my "home resort." Busses are shared between Jambo House & Kidani village, greatly affecting wait times and producing sardine-like loading (but not ALL the time...think, 30-45 min. before park openings, until 1-2 hrs after opening are the busiest). Park busses stop at Kidani first, then Jambo. DTD stops at Jambo, then Kidani.

Views: Even if your room is over looking the pool or parking lot, you can still check out the savannah from the overlook right off the lobby. Plus, a CM will be on hand to answer any questions! Keep this little nugget in mind: 80% of the the villas here have a savannah view!

Activities: You'll get a list at check-in, but the one I would highly suggest: Night-time Vision Goggles. Go out to the overlook after the sun sets...a CM will hand out goggles on a first-come, first-serve basis that you can use to check out the animals still wandering the savannah.

Also, know that balloons are not permitted at this resort. If you do have one, you will need to check it with Bell Services, or deflate it.

We have stayed at the villas at Jambo House and Kidani Village, and we prefer the convenience of Jambo House (namely Mara) when staying in a studio.

Have a magical trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom