First Stay at Grand Floridian

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
I am staying at the GF Sept 22-26. We are first-timers and on our honeymoon. Any advice??
We absolutely loved it! Since the parks are closing early, have plans for the night for dinner because the quick service at the Grand, Gasparillas, currently doesn't have a very extensive menu. The buses are picking up right at the front instead of at the regular bus loop and they are not posting the wait times. I'm not sure if this will change after the NBA has left, but if it hasn't, there is usually someone at the front of the resort who can tell you about how long of a wait you will have. We thought the transportation was quick and safe and would use it again. We felt the same way about the monorail. Other than that, we found the resort to be magical and perfect and would love to stay there again, without the NBA bubble 😂

One tip, Disney Springs was extremely packed so I might try and avoid it on the weekends and late nights. Let me know if you have any other questions about the parks or anything like that, I would love to help!

Char8192

We absolutely loved it! Since the parks are closing early, have plans for the night for dinner because the quick service at the Grand, Gasparillas, currently doesn't have a very extensive menu. The buses are picking up right at the front instead of at the regular bus loop and they are not posting the wait times. I'm not sure if this will change after the NBA has left, but if it hasn't, there is usually someone at the front of the resort who can tell you about how long of a wait you will have. We thought the transportation was quick and safe and would use it again. We felt the same way about the monorail. Other than that, we found the resort to be magical and perfect and would love to stay there again, without the NBA bubble 😂

One tip, Disney Springs was extremely packed so I might try and avoid it on the weekends and late nights. Let me know if you have any other questions about the parks or anything like that, I would love to help!
Omg, thank you!!! Did you do Epcot at all? We are curious about the food and wine festival

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
Omg, thank you!!! Did you do Epcot at all? We are curious about the food and wine festival
Yes we did! Epcot was fairly empty, we went on a Thursday at around 3 PM and stayed until about 6 PM. We did not try anything at this years food and wine festival because we had dinner reservations and did not want to get full, however we have done it in the past. The best advice I can give you is to load a wristlet gift card that they have in Epcot with a set amount. It is much easier to use and helps you not spend a crazy amount!

EdnaMode

Even when GF is mobbed with children (and it really can be sometimes), it is such a lovely, relaxing place. The main pool will be relatively quiet at night, but such a pretty spot. Walk over to Poly to Cap'n Cooks -- breakfast lunch or dinner = YUM. Go sit out on the dock and contemplate everything about the life ahead of you. Stroll the main building -- I think even without the live music, it will have a nice vibe. Have breakfast and/or dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe. Walk all over the grounds (pray the bridge is open and you can walk to the MK.). Book California Grill or Topolino's late-ish one night if you can. Just enjoy a very fun but relaxing, beautiful time....best wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom