First solo trip advice and crowds at end of April

Empire0426

Hi everyone,
I am considering booking my first ever solo trip to WDW for April 24-28. This would be a birthday trip, and would also be playing in a golf tournament Saturday and Sunday on WDW property as well as visiting parks after the rounds and at night. I have been to WDW too many times to count but never solo. I have narrowed my resort choices down to either POR, Wilderness Lodge, or Boardwalk. If anyone has tips for planning a first solo adventure to the world they would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first trip since 2012 so I’m excited. Also can anyone speak to the levels of crowds during this week in April? Thank you all in advance!

Disneyfreak Jen

Hi everyone,
I am considering booking my first ever solo trip to WDW for April 24-28. This would be a birthday trip, and would also be playing in a golf tournament Saturday and Sunday on WDW property as well as visiting parks after the rounds and at night. I have been to WDW too many times to count but never solo. I have narrowed my resort choices down to either POR, Wilderness Lodge, or Boardwalk. If anyone has tips for planning a first solo adventure to the world they would be greatly appreciated. This will be my first trip since 2012 so I’m excited. Also can anyone speak to the levels of crowds during this week in April? Thank you all in advance!

I’ve done many solo trips. When planning, do your research. Just take your time and look through everything in regards to rides and shows, see what may interest you, and add it to your list. I highly recommend checking out the Touring Plans website. I use it every trip. It tracks crowd level predictions, park hours, and you can make your own schedule when you tell it what time you’ll be arrive/leaving the parks.
Don’t hesitate to make restaurant reservations.
You will accomplish a lot more on your own because you’re not with anyone else.
End of April is a great time to go, I did end of April into May in 2017 and had a great time with great weather.

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Does your tournament allow the use of carts? Because I'm not sure I'd consider walking thru the parks after being on your feet all day on a golf course. Five miles is roughly what people walk in the parks... and you'll already have those steps on your FitWatch.

Upvote 0
Crowds have gotten progressively heavier since then, with some of the worst crowds of the year thus far in this past July. It is a month that I recommend avoiding if you don’t like long lines. The entire month will be above average. So, if you want to go solo and held a golf tournament, April is the best month. A lot of collaboration between people and a huge crowd.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Hi everyone,

Easter is April 21 next year (one of the latest dates it can be on), so you'll be arriving during the busy Easter season. Also blockouts are released for Silver and below beginning April 27. So you'll have those guests combining with the crowds not already blocked out. I may be one of those. Haven't made up my mind yet.

As for tips, the best tip I can give is do your own thing. You can do what you want when you want without worrying about anyone else in your party. Don't worry about dining alone with any ADRs. It's not awkward at all at WDW.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Crowds have gotten progressively heavier since then, with some of the worst crowds of the year thus far in this past July. It is a month that I recommend avoiding if you don’t like long lines. The entire month will be above average. So, if you want to go solo and held a golf tournament, April is the best month. A lot of collaboration between people and a huge crowd.

Ordinarily yes but Easter in April 21 next year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom