First rooms declared at Riviera

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
I posted this on the general Riviera thread under News.

The first rooms have now been declared:

I imagine they will release info soon on points charts, pricing and the timeline for sales.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

I imagine they will release info soon on points charts, pricing and the timeline for sales.

Great post! I find it interesting that the writer is speculating that the point charts are going to be on par with the VGF.

Club Cooloholic

What is the sq footage on those studios, with the curve...look small in the living area
Edit: spelling!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great post! I find it interesting that the writer is speculating that the point charts are going to be on par with the VGF.

That’s based on the “annualised” figures given. That is a kinda way of giving a comparison between resorts. It’s the rate the rooms would be if you took away any variations between season, weekends vs weekdays, preferred views etc.

The tower rooms are more on a par with the BWV standard studios I believe.

nickys

Premium Member
Original Poster
What is the sq footage on thise studiis, with the curve...look small in the living area

They are small! Several people have done the math on them. Over on Mouseowners for a start. Sorry, rushing to get ready, no coffee yet, otherwise I’d look it up for you. May even be higher up this thread.

correcaminos

Tower Studio: 225 sq ft
Deluxe Studio: 423 sq ft
One Bedroom: 813 sq ft
Two Bedroom: 1248 sq ft
Grand Villa: 2530 sq ft

Most interesting from the article is this to me

"
As with prior DVC resorts, this declaration also lists "maximum reallocation" values which are linked to a potential "'leveling' of all seasons." We interpret these values to be an annualized average point cost, should all seasons and weekday/weekend differentials be eliminated. The values listed for Disney's Riviera Resort are as follows:

• Tower Studio: 15 points
  • Deluxe Studio, Standard View: 20 points
  • Deluxe Studio, Preferred View: 24 points
  • One Bedroom, Standard View: 40 points
  • One Bedroom, Preferred View: 47 points
  • Two Bedroom, Standard View: 54 points
  • Two Bedroom, Preferred View: 65 points
  • Grand Villa: 134 points"

Club Cooloholic

From Disney they reported size is 225. This is what MS stated, but it's sometimes an avearge so might not be 100% accurate.
Wow that is small, like a cruise ship cabin. If they plan to make it for 4 people maybe they will do the bunk bed in the ceiling too lol. I actually think that would be viable except its a DVC, and setting that up should be left to the pros

Minthorne

Wow that is small, like a cruise ship cabin. If they plan to make it for 4 people maybe they will do the bunk bed in the ceiling too lol. I actually think that would be viable except its a DVC, and setting that up should be left to the pros

It's a 2 person max occupancy room.

EOD K9

Odd as this sounds, I love the staterooms on the DCL ships. We usually stay studio, cruise, 1br for our trips. Maybe I have my cruising glasses on which is why I enjoy the cabins.

Club Cooloholic

Odd as this sounds, I love the staterooms on the DCL ships. We usually stay studio, cruise, 1br for our trips. Maybe I have my cruising glasses on which is why I enjoy the cabins.
No I like them too, but a room at a hotel just doesnt havebthat gentle rocking to help you sleep. Also they designed the things so efficiently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom